Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Korean War North Korean Unit Seeking Members

Article about: On August 13-14 elements of the crack 18th Regiment, 4th 'Seoul' Division, KPA will engage in patrol actions against the 1st Marine Division in support of the defense of the Nakdong-gang Sal

Default Korean War North Korean Unit Seeking Members

On August 13-14 elements of the crack 18th Regiment, 4th 'Seoul' Division, KPA will engage in patrol actions against the 1st Marine Division in support of the defense of the Nakdong-gang Salient on the Pusan Perimeter. However the Seoul Division is badly depleted from previous fighting and has no members. To you comes the honor of being the first to defeat these Marine soldiers. You will win where others have failed. Go to your friends in other reenacting periods and tell them there will be no retreat. I will take instant action against anyone who shows weakness

This is an open invitation from 1st Marine Division- Korean War Reenacting Group to anyone interested in portraying a unique impression in an important but poorly understood period of modern history. The main purpose here is to assemble a historically accurate and motivated opfor for us at Ridley Creek but we hope that 18th Regiment, Seoul Division becomes a fully fledged reenacting unit in its own right.

DISCLAIMER: 18th Regiment, 4th Seoul Division exists for historical and educational purposes only. Promotion of totalitarianism, racism, Juche, Kim Il-Sung thought, Songgun politics, or other noxious ideologies will not be tolerated. North Korean reenacting cannot thrive if it gains a reputation for political extremism and I personally know too many North Korean defectors to allow such shenanigans. If you are a North Korean sympathizer wishing to use this as a vehicle for political agitation you will be very unwelcome here.

Here's the event link: Historic Timeline 1
    Link to the ersatz unit page: North Korean Peoples Army Reenacted!
    Link to 1st Mardiv KW's Facebook page: 1st Marine Division- Korean War Reenacting Group

Upgraded from a chintzy event page to a fully-fledged group page full of cool pictures.

?

I seriously doubt that any American Marine reenacting group will be interested sir.
    Your name isn't Korean either.
    Last edited by SteveR; 06-13-2016 at 05:00 PM.

To the contrary, I'm a member of the Marine reenacting group whose idea this was in the first place.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Your name isn't Korean either.
    "The 1st Marine Provisional Brigade, in conjunction with Task Force Hill, mounted a massive offensive on Cloverleaf Hill and Obong-ni on August 17.[50] The offensive began at 0800 on August 17,[51] with US forces unleashing all heavy weapons available to them against the North Korean positions; artillery, mortars, M26 Pershing tanks, and airstrikes.[52]"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_..._Naktong_Bulge

Clearly, your knowledge of Korean culture, geography, and military history is boundless.