Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Looking for a reenactment group!

Article about: Hey guys im really looking in this now and im having troubles finding a group. I live in northern illinois and am looking for a group that goes to the Rockford reenactment. Im looking in jus

?

Default Looking for a reenactment group!

Hey guys im really looking in this now and im having troubles finding a group. I live in northern illinois and am looking for a group that goes to the Rockford reenactment. Im looking in just infantry no airborne. I will be willing to join groups based in northern indiana, chicagoland, Northern illinois, southern wisconsin, and central illinois. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Ryan

Default Re: Looking for a reenactment group!

I would invite you to ours, but you probably don't want to have to drive to Pennsylvania!

It looks liek this is where you need to start asking around: Rockford

The only U.S. Army infantry unit I see there is the 9th I.D.

?

Thanks lol i would but its way to far.... Soo how would i contact the guy in charge of the 9th would i just email him or?

Sure, just e-mail him and tell him that you are interested in joining. Most reenactment groups that I know of aren't too formal. They probably just tell you to go to the next event and tell you what to bring.

?

Alright thanks! Ill do that then..... i still have a little more gear to get but do you know what to bring like does it matter if its authentic or not.. Like what pieces could i bring that can be authentic and what do you advise that i should not bring that are authentic that i might have to buy at like atthefront..

atthefront is good for GI gear, that what my unit recommends when we go US. I would contact your unit first to see what other vendors they aprove of

?

Yeah, i just got an e-mail back from the guy and he is going to get me contacted with the officer of the group so he will hopefully email me back in the next couple days.

Quote by rbemer207 View Post
    Alright thanks! Ill do that then..... i still have a little more gear to get but do you know what to bring like does it matter if its authentic or not.. Like what pieces could i bring that can be authentic and what do you advise that i should not bring that are authentic that i might have to buy at like atthefront..
    i would use as much original stuff as possible it looks better and last longer all my web gear, bag, shovel canteen, and stuff like that are original i suggest at least having original web gear and field equipment because it wont fall apart like a lot of the repro stuff but i wouldn't buy anything till you join the group they will let you know whats best and a lot of the times the guys in the group will have extra stuff and be willing to cut a deal with a fellow person in the unit