Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

MAIDEN NEWTON AT WAR - 22nd - 24th June 2012

Article about: Just to let some of you know in advance should you wish to come along. 'Maiden Newton at War' is held in the Dorset village of Maiden Newton and is an excellent event held every two years wh

Default MAIDEN NEWTON AT WAR - 22nd - 24th June 2012

Just to let some of you know in advance should you wish to come along.

'Maiden Newton at War' is held in the Dorset village of Maiden Newton and is an excellent event held every two years where most of the village gets involved with everybody dressing up and numerous events over the weekend. There are numerous reenactors, vehicles and displays and a few 'battles' (the last event had a Seafire from Yeovilton straffing the battlefield!).
    The location is excellent (if not unique) and there is lots of local wartime history - please see the link (it does need to be updated!, my friend is on the commitee and I'll let him know)

I have added a few pictures taken at the previous events

Maiden Newton at War - The 1940s re-enactor event in Dorset

?

Default Re: MAIDEN NEWTON AT WAR - 22nd - 24th June 2012

will try and make this as the inlaws only live up the road. looks an amazing turnout!!

do you know the dates for 2012?? as i can only find last times dated

It's in the title 22nd - 24th June

?

ah i thought that was last year oops lol, well thats my birthday weekend so will have to make the effort i think!!

got it pencil'd in !

A little bump for this thread in case anybody missed it - I'll give it another nudge nearer the time.

?

Hmmm looks like a nice event

I can't recommend it enough. The are not many events like this in the South West, and to get a whole village involved is quite impressive. Their website probably does not do them justice but reflects that it is local run event. The main events and displays feature around the village school with static displays/collections in the hall, marquee and stalls in the playing field, vehicles and static reenactor displays in an adjoining field and battles take place in a small valley which you overlook. It's an event that you can stay all day at and not get bored!

?

i'll be going to this for sure, am tempted to dress up but i only have some huuge fitting KD shorts and shirt with webbing

Another bump - only 21 days to go!

Superb images

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast