Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Military Odyssey.

Article about: Hi Guys, just got home yesterday from out biggest and best show of the year: Largest Multi Period Show in the World! I was there with 2nd Guards Rifle Division. Our group fielded about 35 to

Default Military Odyssey.

Hi Guys, just got home yesterday from out biggest and best show of the year:

Largest Multi Period Show in the World!

I was there with 2nd Guards Rifle Division. Our group fielded about 35 to 40 people, plus T34/85. On each of the three days of the show there was an "Ostfront" battle re-enactment, including tanks and for us, air support too, in the form of a YAK.

Here is a poor quality video of the "Ostfront Battle" on day 3 of the show. We did this battle each day. Sadly the member of the public filming it missed the start of the battle with me in it dying for the Motherland. But it will give you an idea:

YouTube - Military Oddysey - Detling 25/08/08 V1

I used a 14.5mm PTRD anti tank rifle. Here is a short clip of me firing it:

YouTube - PTRD 14.5mm Anti-tank rifle

A few pics of part of our camp:

Flickr: GordonCameron's Photostream

More battle pics here, click on the link for Odyssey:

Images2View, The London Parade and Military Odyssey, event photography

Here is also a pic of three of us wearing SN42 body armour, which I have just had made.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Military Odyssey.  

Default Re: Military Odyssey.

Here is a pic of some of our group taken after one of the mock battles.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Military Odyssey.  

kompanie
    ?

Hi Ade i went on sunday (got a bit wet)and had a great time as usual lots to look at and spend money on.The reenactments were great as they always are well done.Looking at your avatar i saw you at your camp lining the road before the side entrance to the arena.Congrats to you and the team.

Cheers Chris

Hi Chris, you should have given me a shout. It would have been nice to meet you.

Glad you enjoyed the show. We certainly did. Did you pick up any goodies?

Cheers, Ade.

kompanie
    ?

It looked like you were enjoying to nice a brew to interupt you im sure ill see you around again and i will say hello.I brought a German Battle flag 1.5m/2.5m.Im now trying to make a frame for it.Did you pick anything up?.

Cheers Chris

Hi Chris, glad to hear that you bought something nice, it is always good to buy something.

I bought a mint German tropical rucksack and a knife, fork, spoon set all from a comrade in the unit. I will get some pics up on the forum later. I was also given a wartime Soviet back pack and some issue underwear.

Cheers, Ade.

kompanie
    ?

Id like to see some pics BUT PLEASE NOT OF YOU WEARING THE UNDERWEAR

?

Hello, very good show, i heard that there were re+enectors from Russia, from St.Peterburg. Is it true?

Hi Chris, spoil sport Actually I need to photograph an undershirt as I think it is not military, but maybe a prison garment?

Hi Gurov, yes this year there were 5 comrades from St Petersburg, far fewer than last year. Only Igor dressed as Soviet, the others were dressed as Finnish soldiers or POA. We also had comrades with us from Japan, Spain and Ireland!

Cheers, Ade.