Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

my first living history event

Article about: this is the first event i did with my unit there was no battle but it was still a lot of fun and WWII vet ken johnson of the 506th PIR 101st ABN Co H. came to hang out with use and told us h

Default my first living history event

this is the first event i did with my unit there was no battle but it was still a lot of fun and WWII vet ken johnson of the 506th PIR 101st ABN Co H. came to hang out with use and told us his jump in to normandy on D Day story well we where sitting in a C 47 with him which was the highlight for me the show was at greenwood lakes NJ In the picture of in side the GP medium everything is a mess because it rained and there was like 3" of water in there everything was soaked but it was an awesome weekend and all are stuff dried out pretty fast
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my first living history event   my first living history event  

my first living history event   my first living history event  

Default Re: my first living history event

Looks like you had a great day - great pics of the planes and uniforms as well.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

It's amazing to see a veteran in uniform. My unit (1st I.D.) had a dinner several months ago for a master sergeant who landed on Omaha Beach with the 16th Infantry Regiment, and we bought him an M41 jacket. It was great to see him wearing it, and we got calls from him family, thanking us and telling us that he has been wearing the jacket around everywhere.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    It's amazing to see a veteran in uniform. My unit (1st I.D.) had a dinner several months ago for a master sergeant who landed on Omaha Beach with the 16th Infantry Regiment, and we bought him an M41 jacket. It was great to see him wearing it, and we got calls from him family, thanking us and telling us that he has been wearing the jacket around everywhere.
    ya its awesome to see him in it the unit got it for him a while back and he actually wore his original jump boots to the event which took him an hour to put on because they where to small so he didnt wear socks and cut off a pice so he could get them on he was told he didnt have to wear them but insisted he had to it was awesome to hang out with him

Great stuff! What a privilige !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Looks like you entered a time machine without telling us about it.

Well now we know how you have got hold of these 500 untouched and battleworn SS uniforms.

Thanks for sharing!

haha your welcome im gonna try to post up the events i go to in the future as well the last 2 i was supposed to got to ended up being canceled hope the next ones aren't like that

?

looks great , we did that one time

Quote by colt45 View Post
    looks great , we did that one time
    thanks