Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

New Collector needing help with SS uniform

Article about: Hello, my friends. I have recently brought a SS-Dot 44 pattern tunic to add in to my uniform collection from the Third Reich. I sew the insignia on by myself but I'm pretty puzzled by this S

Default New Collector needing help with SS uniform

Hello, my friends.

I have recently brought a SS-Dot 44 pattern tunic to add in to my uniform collection from the Third Reich. I sew the insignia on by myself but I'm pretty puzzled by this SS-Dot 44 business. Is it acceptable to put Collar-tabs and a sleeve-eagle on this SS-Dot 44 tunic? I do not plan to use it for reenacting. I plan for it to be used as a show-piece. I know shoulderboards are a big no-no on WWII german camo tunics. But I gave a quick look at this uniform sold by a reputable dealer (who is known to be a great seller to reenactors from what I hear. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.) and the photo is below. I just plan to maybe put a collar-tab and a sleeve-eagle on it and call it completed as far as that goes.

Now on to my next-issue! I need a reproduction (no original please.) Leather SS-belt that's cheap (I call 40 dollars and below cheap.) or some alternative (because I know leather shortage was common near the end of the war.). I have no idea where to find one, I've tried google but to no prevail.

Default Re: New Collector needing help

You might try Ebay for repro stuff - There is a lot on there.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Default Re: New Collector needing help with SS uniform

As walkwolf said ebay would be one of the better bets.
    Morris

Default Re: New Collector needing help with SS uniform

East German belts ( not buckles ) are available on there for little money and are a passable copy.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "