Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Newville, PA Winter Line event (Italy 1944)

Article about: Hi guys, Ben (Americankraut) and I just got back from our 'Winter Line' event near Gettysburg. This place is a permanent, reenactor-owned site that usually hosts WWI events, but we did an It

Default Newville, PA Winter Line event (Italy 1944)

Hi guys,

Ben (Americankraut) and I just got back from our 'Winter Line' event near Gettysburg. This place is a permanent, reenactor-owned site that usually hosts WWI events, but we did an Italy 1944 weekend.

Overall it was a very fun and intense event. It was cold, wet, muddy, 24-hour combat. There were flares, MG nests, craters, and everything. I got my pants torn up by barbed wire and Ben chipped a tooth when he decided to dive into an 8-foot deep crater. Still, it was a very good time.

I ended up in a situation at one point where I was forced to surrender to a member of Fallschirmjaeger Rgt. 7. He marched me through the trenches and summarily executed me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Newville, PA Winter Line event (Italy 1944)   Newville, PA Winter Line event (Italy 1944)  

Newville, PA Winter Line event (Italy 1944)   Newville, PA Winter Line event (Italy 1944)  

Newville, PA Winter Line event (Italy 1944)   Newville, PA Winter Line event (Italy 1944)  

Default Re: Newville, PA Winter Line event (Italy 1944)

More photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Newville, PA Winter Line event (Italy 1944)   Newville, PA Winter Line event (Italy 1944)  

Newville, PA Winter Line event (Italy 1944)  

Sorry, a couple of those were lopsided.

Was a great time besides my tooth. I captured a total of 4 prisoners one with mo's help. Night time was amazing lit with flares and mg fire. Here are a few pictures of me.

Newville, PA Winter Line event (Italy 1944)Newville, PA Winter Line event (Italy 1944)

I look a bit out of it but no showers or sleep and a face first dive will do that to you .... -Ben

Excellent venue.

Sounds like you had fun.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Excellent venue.

Sounds like you had fun.

Cheers, Ade.
    You would love it Ade, they have WWI events there that would knock your socks off. Got any similar sites in England?

Hi Mo, nowhere here as big as this venue. We have a few sites with single trenches, that is about it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Awesome!