Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Peak Railway 1940's weekend

Article about: This is my favourite event of the show season: 1940 Some youthful members of our group can be seen on the pics. Always encouraging to see younger people interested in WW2. Cheers, Ade.

Default Peak Railway 1940's weekend

This is my favourite event of the show season:

Some youthful members of our group can be seen on the pics. Always encouraging to see younger people interested in WW2.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: Peak Railway 1940's weekend

Great stuff Ade !

The younger members always look the part as in reality it was mostly boys that were on the front line! ( and girls of course in the Red Army !)

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

We might see you there Ade, as Leeds is on the Sunday, and we're staying with Daisy May in Notts for the weekend, so it may be worth a visit

Just giving this thread a bump as the show is this coming weekend.

Hope you can make it John. We will be encamped in the small silver birch wood at South Rowsley station.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

looks like a go Ade, as the weathers supposed to be good, and it's 20 miles from Daisy

Just thought I'd post as a footnote, Pleased to meet Ade, albeit rather quick, and had a good time watching him run about on Sunday. I have to say, that the "battle" was pretty good to watch,and the use of the train, was a good idea. Well done Ade, here's some pictures of the said event. Hope you like
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Peak Railway 1940's weekend   Peak Railway 1940's weekend  

Peak Railway 1940's weekend   Peak Railway 1940's weekend  

Peak Railway 1940's weekend   Peak Railway 1940's weekend  

Peak Railway 1940's weekend  

Hi John, thanks for the pics. Sorry we did not have time to chat.

Really enjoyed the event.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Who's the old man in the Russain uniform?? Only joking of course, looks like a top dollar weekend I wish I had seen this a few days ago I could have went there.Having nothing to do & I live an hour away..bugger...never mind thanks for the pictures.. Cheers Terry.

LOL!

Make sure you come next year Terry.

It is a fun event.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Roger that Ade I will pencil it in my calender now so if I'm not working..Bobs your uncle..Cheers Terry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast