Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Perfecting my reenacting tunic

Article about: Hi guys, This is one of the new "texled" M40 Heer tunics from At The Front. They are supposed to be one of the best reproduction tunics available. I bought this to go with an impre

Default Perfecting my reenacting tunic

Hi guys,

This is one of the new "texled" M40 Heer tunics from At The Front. They are supposed to be one of the best reproduction tunics available. I bought this to go with an impression I have been working on lately, which is a Heer rifleman fighting in the outskirts of Stalingrad in September/October of 1942. I want this impression to be absolutely perfect, so I would really appreciate some guidance as to what I can improve, add, get rid of, etc.

I have attached detailed photos of the tunic itself. How does it look? Also, I purchased an 'M43' breast eagle, felgrau shoulderboards, and late litzen. How the hell do I sew the breast eagle and litzen on?!

I have an early set sewn on another reenacting tunic of mine, an M44, which I have also included a photo of. Should I put those on the M40 instead?

Thanks guys!
    Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Perfecting my reenacting tunic   Perfecting my reenacting tunic  

Perfecting my reenacting tunic   Perfecting my reenacting tunic  

And the insignia:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Perfecting my reenacting tunic   Perfecting my reenacting tunic  

Perfecting my reenacting tunic  

Hi Mo, the tunic looks fine.

I am lucky when it comes to insignia as my Mum does it all!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade! She makes insignia for you? I'd love to see some pics of that. haha

For a tunic used in Stalingrad in the Fall of 1942, would you recommend the early white/bottle green litzen, or the grey litzen?

I would go with the grey litzen.

Mum was a machinist (sewing) when she was at work. She was very good at sewing. She even restored an Infanterie Standarte for a dealer friend of mine some years ago now.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I hate sewing, mostly because if I don't get it just right then I will hate myself.

nice tunic.