Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

RBL Ride of Respect 2013

Article about: Alright guys and girls. I know that putting this in this part of the forums is stretching a point, but I couldn't think of anywhere else to post it. I will make no apologies for shouting abo

?

Default RBL Ride of Respect 2013

Alright guys and girls.

I know that putting this in this part of the forums is stretching a point, but I couldn't think of anywhere else to post it. I will make no apologies for shouting about this, so here goes.

Tomorrow, on Sunday 16th June 2013, Father's Day in the UK, it is the 2013 RBL RIDE OF RESPECT when the motorbike community of the UK get together as a group, en masse and at various locations in the UK and pay our respects to the armed forces of the UK and in general.

We have bikers of all nationalities joining us from all over the UK, Europe and the world for this event and, obviously, a lot of us are ex, or serving armed forces of our respective countries.
    The main ride-out meet point is at RAF Abingdon/Dalton Barracks in Oxfordshire, when in excess of 10,000 bikes, scooters and trikes will be meeting up from 0630hrs onwards for our group rides, each of approximately 500 bikes, on a circuit of about 25miles through the villages, towns and countryside of Oxfordshire, passing the Carterton Memorial Garden, where we will be slowing down to pay our respects and ending at RAF Brize Norton.

If you are "out and about" in your cars etc and get "mobbed" (in the nicest possible way by a bunch of flag bearing bikers, please don't get annoyed, sound your horns and give us a wave) If you're in the area and on the route, wave the flag with pride, because we are and will be and if you're on the ride itself, be safe and hopefully we will see you there

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

As we say on the RoR forum "LET THE THUNDER ROLL!!"

PS: The wife and I will be out on our red GoldWing "Lottie", cant miss us, (as if!!), "she", (the bike), will have the stereo thumping and be wearing a set of streamers from the radio mast in dark blue, light blue and red, (the traditional colours of the UK armed forces) and also a, slightly battered, blue triangular pennant with yellow trim and brown horse on, (the pennant of our son's unit, Chestnut Troop, 1st Royal Horse Artillery, currently on deployment in Afghan as part of UK 1st Mech' Brigade!)

(Mods, feel free to move to a more appropriate section if needs be!)
    Last edited by jimpy; 06-15-2013 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Addition

?

Default Re: RBL Ride of Respect 2013

The wife and I at RBL Ride of Respect 2013 approaching the start point on Dalton Barracks/RAF Abingdon. The bottom two pic's give an idea of just some of the numbers that took part in the main ride-out.
    More pics should be available for viewing on the FaceBook Ride of Respect pages.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RBL Ride of Respect 2013   RBL Ride of Respect 2013  

RBL Ride of Respect 2013   RBL Ride of Respect 2013  

Last edited by jimpy; 06-16-2013 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Addition

Well done for posting this and for taking part, as a biker myself, I did not hear anything about this happening in my part of the UK, which is a shame, but maybe next year I can keep an ear out for it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Well done for posting this and for taking part, as a biker myself, I did not hear anything about this happening in my part of the UK, which is a shame, but maybe next year I can keep an ear out for it.
    Hi Jerry,

Im surprised that you hadn't heard about it, having said that, we only found out about the initial ride-out in 2010 because a friend spotted it and told me about it.
    There is a dedicated FaceBook page, Ride of Respect, that is continuously updated and a new one has been opened for each subsequent year since 2010.

All the best
    Ian D