Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Red Army Re-enactment in the UK

Article about: I am 2 i/c of "2nd Guards Rifle Division" here in the UK. The group has been in existance 20 years now and is the oldest and largest group in the UK. We have over 50 members. There

Default Red Army Re-enactment in the UK

I am 2 i/c of "2nd Guards Rifle Division" here in the UK. The group has been in existance 20 years now and is the oldest and largest group in the UK. We have over 50 members. There are a couple of smaller groups in the UK and we all get along very well and sometimes do joint events together.

I joined the group in 2001. Interest in the RKKA is growing fast in the UK, as our membership continues to grow each year. We even have two members who have running T34/85's, so we sometimes get the chance to ride the tanks infantry descent.

We do many public events throughout the summer months, some include battle re-enactments, while others are living history displays. Interest from the public is very good. We have strong ties with groups in Russia based in St Petersburg and for the past two years members have traveled to events in each others countries.

During the winter months we still keep busy with private tactical "battles" taking place. At these we are in great demand from the German units as they know we fight hard.

Our unit is "hardcore" and we try to live as closely as possible to that of a Red Army soldier in the field. A high proportion of the uniform and field gear we use is original issue of wartime pattern. Food is cooked over an open fire. No modern comforts are allowed! We will sleep under a Greatcoat and a plash-palatka. Awards are given for taking part in events and for long service. In order to obtain the coveted Guards badge you have to take part in 5 weekends of events. After 10 years continued service, the Order of the Red Star is given.

If you look at the homepage in my profile you will find a link to our unit's website. There are many photos of the group and our events on it.

Here we are at an event last summer on a rare hot day! Our unit always like to dig in if we possible can. The Kapitan entertains the troops. Note the ZIS 3 A/T gun which we were kindly loaned by the East of England Tank Museum where the event was held

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Red Army Re-enactment in the UK  

Default Re: Red Army Re-enactment in the UK

Hello Ade and welcome my friend, hope you had a good new year mate and love to Les, will speak soon
    Ben

Sounds great, Always wanted to do re-enacting. Certainly will start it in the future. Bet that's quite a stirring sight, two T34's driving towards you full of angry Russians with bayonets! Probably just as bad seeing that Zis 3 aiming at your panzer.

thats all very well ade but can you do the kasuskta dance.lol

Hi Ben, you would be welcome to join us. Try and come to one of our events.

Hi Harry, I cannot! LOL However, two of the younger members of the group can.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ill try and get down to one of the shows and see your unit in action! Must say those military odyssey battles look fantastic. Is there any kind of age limit for joining?

Hi Ben, you can take a fully active role at 18. Younger members can join, but there are some restrictions as to what activities they can take part in.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I see, thanks for that. Sent an email to the Guards and im thinking or ordering some kit soon. Hopefully i can get to one of the shows someday.

Very nicely! There is another photo?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast