Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Tank Fest 2009

Article about: Hi Guys, this is a big event held each year at the Tank Museum here in the UK: Welcome to the Tank Museum - Home of the Tank - Welcome to the Tank Museum - Home of the Tank The museum has ju

Default Tank Fest 2009

Hi Guys, this is a big event held each year at the Tank Museum here in the UK:

Welcome to the Tank Museum - Home of the Tank - Welcome to the Tank Museum - Home of the Tank

The museum has just been rebuilt and this show will be a very important event.

I will be attending with 2nd Guards.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Default Re: Tank Fest 2009

It's a fantastic museum and looks like theyv'e done a great job doing it up.

I bet Clarkson would love to be driving the Tiger !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Ade can you or someone take some pictures if it's permit for the one of us who won't have the chance to see it in person Thanks .
    Tank have always been something who trigger some curiosity to me they are so big so strong and can move fast but can be vulnerable at the same time

I will certainly take my camera with me They have some fantastic exhibits.

Cheers, Ade.

Here is a map of the layout of the show. Please come alog to the T34/85 where we will be based for our display and say "Hello".

The basis for our display will be Poland (Sandomierz bridgehead August 1944) & Red Army troops have pushed towards Warsaw. Exhausted by their efforts, the army has gone over to the defensive to re-man & re-equip. We will be representing a regimental reception area for new recruits.

The recruits are variable- fresh young soldiers from Russia, as well as the latest batch of older men rounded up from rear areas, and partisans swept up by the RKKA advance.

The new recruits will need familiarisation as avtamachi, rather than riflemen, as well as training in anti-tank role, as the unit will be supporting anti tank rifle & artillery defensive positions, near the front line, in the event of a German counter-attack. (Red Army intelligence has reported a large build-up forces in the Warsaw area.)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tank Fest 2009  

Reg
    ?

Happy hunting! Good to see you got a spot near the NAFFI!

Brew up in both ways!

Reg

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Guys, this is a big event held each year at the Tank Museum here in the UK:

Welcome to the Tank Museum - Home of the Tank - Welcome to the Tank Museum - Home of the Tank

The museum has just been rebuilt and this show will be a very important event.

I will be attending with 2nd Guards.

Cheers, Ade.
    I keep getting an invite to go however yet again it will not be this year However its certainly worth going to . I did do this show one year , and even went down in the jeep a nice five hour run from Kettering to Weymouth, funny enough about two hours into the journey the old girl started pulling like a train, and eating up all the hills passed Blanford Forum, I even over took another car , I guess everything in the engine was really warmed through. LOL

Nige.

Hi Guys, I had a great time! Weather was hot and the show was very, very busy. I did not even have time to go inside the Museum, as by the time the public had gone home, I just wanted to sit down and open a cold beer.

I only took a handful of pics.

Here is an interesting newly made working replica German WW1 A7V tank. Built from two track laying tractors. The MG's were all inter connected, so moving one, made them all move.

Cheers, Ade.

Stug III.

This is one raised from the wreck of the "Santa Fe" in the Black sea.

Panzer III

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast