Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Tank Museum Christmas event

Article about: I will Ade,we were over the road at monkey world in the summer hols,3 challenger RC's came down the main road on manoeuvres the noise was quite something,the girls won the battle that day as

Default Re: Tank Museum Christmas event

Never realised they had gear driven cams.

King Tiger, this time the Porsche turreted version
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tank Museum Christmas event   Tank Museum Christmas event  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

That's the much rarer turret isn't it?...

Hi Paul, yes, this turret design was not a sucess due to the potential shot trap to the front and so more were made with the Henschel production turret.

They also have a Jadg Tiger in the collection, but due to the stalls I did not take a pic of it.

Also have a Sturm Tiger barrel.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ah yeah, the shot could be deflected down towards the hull and towards the turret ring, i get you!...

That's correct But I rather like the looks of it.

?

Funny thing, i noticed that about the spare tracks as well a few months ago, the one thing that bothered me was that at one time quite a lot of the tanks had mannequins dressed in costume, which gave them an extra appeal and also a contrast for size, another display i found pretty impressive was the WW1 trench system and the looming Mk 1 above your head

Yeah more pleasing to the eye i suppose.

The Museums other Pz III. Ausf N.

Captured in the same action in North Africa as the Tiger and very sadly mutilated post war with a big section cut out the side. But it does allow you access to the inside.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tank Museum Christmas event  

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The Museums other Pz III. Captured in the same action in North Africa and very sadly mutilated post war with a big section cut out the side.
    Who parked that ice cream van next to it?.....

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast