Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Temple at War (Essex, UK)

Article about: This was a new one for me. It's been going for about 4 years but it seems to have a low profile......signage and pre-event publicity probably doesn't help that... BUT what a great little sho

Default Temple at War (Essex, UK)

This was a new one for me. It's been going for about 4 years but it seems to have a low profile......signage and pre-event publicity probably doesn't help that... BUT what a great little show.....three dealer / Trader areas (two of which are undercover....dark on a sunny day but if the rains come.....). Some nice vehicles although I didn't see any heavy green stuff (although I think there was a Scorp outside the main area). Re-enactor camps / tents were interesting and well displayed and plenty of food opps and stage entertainment.

The star of the show for me.....'sounds bizarre but the two HUGE thirteenth century barns...worth the two and half hour trip just to see those...'amazing constructions, older than a lot of countries for Petes sake!! I know I'm going all Kevin McCloud here but do not go to this show without looking up in the barns........Cressing Temple - Wikipedia

Some general vehicle shots....sorry I didn't cover the re-enactor areas...perhaps someone else has.....

Temple at War (Essex, UK)Temple at War (Essex, UK)Temple at War (Essex, UK)Temple at War (Essex, UK)Temple at War (Essex, UK)Temple at War (Essex, UK)Temple at War (Essex, UK)

Looks like you've found a nice hidden gem. Even if the heavier gear is absent, military history is military history! I'd have to agree with you on the barns. Old buildings are always a marvel to look at, especially when you compare them to modern ones. Back then they actually cared about how a building looked, even something as simple as a barn.

B.B.