Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

The Victory Show

Article about: Hi Guys, this weekend see a great event based in Leicestershire (UK): Enjoy a 1940's Two Day Extravaganza - Victory Show 5th & 6th September 2009 Well worth coming too. I will be there w

Default The Victory Show

Hi Guys, this weekend see a great event based in Leicestershire (UK):

Enjoy a 1940's Two Day Extravaganza - Victory Show 5th & 6th September 2009

Well worth coming too. I will be there with a small display with 2nd Guards. Our theme is Tank Killers. You can find us near the beer tent (why did they put us there? )

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: The Victory Show

Ade

Looks like that is going to be a great weekend!

A good collection of aircraft are going to be there!

I just love seeing and hearing "Sally B "

Hope the weather holds!!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Clashes with the Duxford Airshow, sad, as i would have loved to come ......but needs must!

Reg
    ?

Your round Ade? Mines a mild.

Reg

A comrade has been on site since today. The weather is clearing up and the ground is not too wet after all the rain we have been having here in the Midlands. The wind is drying things out, so we should be OK. Vehicle movement has been kept to a bare minimum too.

The mock battle on each day will be something to be seen. A large amount of Pyros are being used. 60 a day!

My beer intake will be limited as my liver is still recovering from Detling!

Cheers, Ade.

?

If things had workout differently, I would have again had a trade stall at the show this year, its a great show, with lot for everyone to do, and enough bangs and booms to keep Joe public happy. However the old man decide to book his holiday for that weekend so instead I had to take him to the station to catch the coach for 3.00 A.M. on Sunday morning.

But the upside of this was that "Sally B" went right over the house slow and low on Saturday afternoon on route from Duxford to Cosby, and so Sunday I was all ready and waiting with the camera and the long lens to get some nice shots

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Some video footage from this years event:

YouTube - Cosby Victory Show Official DVD clip

Cheers, Ade.

Photo of me taken by my forum friend "Roughshooter". I was talking to some of the many members of the public in attendance about my PTRS A/T rifle. I am told over 30,000 people attended.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Victory Show  

Thats one hell of a weapon you have there Ade!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem