Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Victory Show (UK)

Article about: 'anyone planning to attend next weekend?...and if so, is the plan the same? ie to contsruct a list this week of all Forum members planning to attend and then avoid everyone on the day only t

Default Victory Show (UK)

'anyone planning to attend next weekend?...and if so, is the plan the same? ie to contsruct a list this week of all Forum members planning to attend and then avoid everyone on the day only to express surprise the following week? :-)

'just keen to understand if it's the usual protocol or not.....

Hi Ade, come and find me on 2nd Guards display!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Ade, come and find me on 2nd Guards display!

Cheers, Ade.
    Its good to see you back Ade.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Every time I look for you I find myself chatting to the "other" Ade....your double / the lookalike...did it again at Bovi this year...... can you carry a copy of the Telegraph and wear a carnation?

LOL!

Hi Phil, thanks just got back from two weeks vacation in Egypt yesterday. Had a great time.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I will be there on my stall and hungover as per normal.
    come say hi.

hopefully the weather will get better.....

Wet Saturday....better Sunday.....and our tickets are for Saturday.....marvellous!

We enjoyed the show despite the poor weather.

Sadly the air displays were cancelled both days.

Cheers, Ade.

...it was indeed a shame.....we were in at 9.00 but on our way out at 11.00. Stall numbers appeared to be the same or similar but the first field (your field Ade) seemed very light and the big heavy green stuff was certainly down in numbers....but folk were still queueing at 11.00 (I hope they were being made aware of the non-flying)......not everyone is on Facebook or online when they're IN line...

I've been attending this one since year 1 and watched it grow.....but I really think they could've (SHOULD'VE?) established their CAA compliance well before Friday afternoon....I doubt very much if the CAA changed the rules at lunch time the day before. It does go some way to explain a note they had on their site this year along the lines of "this is not a flying show" (it WASN'T) which puzzled me somewhat...perhaps this was an escape clause of types. Walking through all the mud made me think about Beltring a few years ago which was nearly canned on the day due to conditions.......and who let vehicles run through walk-ways churning it all up on Saturday morning?? They definitely tried hard...I'm glad they had plenty of straw on hand! 'always makes me wonder why a Fair offers Advance Tickets but then doesn't have a different entry queue/line to get these folk out of the way quickly although the Disney Snake helped with the potential back-up this year. We've always been amazed at the flying there......it HAD to be questionably compliant in previous years but that's what made it so great....'pair of 51Ds appearing to "strafe" the site and Spits at 20-30 feet.....so I guess that had to end. I'll go next year but the trust has been lost a little..

....and I spent the grand sum of £3...£2 of which went to Mr Bananamafia!

Finally, thank you Mr Mafia ('great T shirt by the way...plug plug) and Ade (and rest of the guys) for showing up / doing what you do - much appreciated and valued....see you next year!

Quote by Composite View Post
    ....and I spent the grand sum of £3...£2 of which went to Mr Bananamafia!
    Ha ha, im now left wondering what bit of history i parted with for the grand sum of £2....

It was certainly a shame about the air display, but these things happen. I felt more sorry for the people who arrived on the sunday, with some re-enactment groups and traders packing up and leaving on the saturday night.

However with it being quieter this year, i did get more time to wander about. I thought that the snow covered woods and foxholes looked particularly good.

Nice to see Ade too for our annual handshake.

Regards
    Ed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast