Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Wartime Xmas event at the Tank Museum

Article about: A highlight for me was getting to play with the SU76. Normally the crew compartment is "off limits" but we were allowed in. This had mulitiple battle damages to it. Even a hole thr

Default Re: Wartime Xmas event at the Tank Museum

The only KV1 in the UK.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wartime Xmas event at the Tank Museum   Wartime Xmas event at the Tank Museum  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Looking good Ade !! What is the translation on the turret?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Nick, thanks!

We wore full winter kit and must have sweated off pounds LOL.

It reads "For Leningrad" "Leningrad Womens Front".

This KV1 was the only one sent to the UK, along with one to the USA, during the war as an exchange of military technology. It is said special care was taken in the finish of these two "presentation" vehicles.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wartime Xmas event at the Tank Museum  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

More pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wartime Xmas event at the Tank Museum   Wartime Xmas event at the Tank Museum  

Wartime Xmas event at the Tank Museum   Wartime Xmas event at the Tank Museum  

Wartime Xmas event at the Tank Museum  

We had a lot of laughs with "Lt. Gruber" :

'Allo 'Allo star visits tank museum (From Bournemouth Echo)

I dont suppose you have a full side shot of that KV1 do you? She is a beauty

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Awesome!

Best I can offer at present, but some more pics will hopefully be sent on to me from the lads.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wartime Xmas event at the Tank Museum  

Our "Shuba" sheepskin coats were a big hit with not only "Lt. Gruber" but also the ladies A couple of girls from the museum staff came around each day for a stroke

Impossible to see in previous pics, but we rigged up "fairy lights" to simulate the embers of the camp fire and had a battery operated "tea light" in the Hurricane Lantern.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast