Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What is this cap???

Article about: Heer schirmutze i guess but who or what would wear it? Its a repro but thats all i know. also what time, early or late war?

Default What is this cap???

What is this cap???

Heer schirmutze i guess but who or what would wear it?

Its a repro but thats all i know.

also what time, early or late war?
    Last edited by daveslastsummer; 01-06-2012 at 10:54 PM. Reason: need to find out if suitable for late war renactment

Default Re: What is this cap???

A picture would be nice.
    Excuse me, i see it now.

Gr. Theo.

?

White piping would indicate Heer infantry. Most likely Officer judging by what appears to be a bullion wreath, cockade and eagle. Just needs the appropriate chincord.

As for period, I couldn't tell you...

obviously repro as you know for the infantry as to who would wear it really depends mainly on the chin strap which its missing if it was black leather it would be EM/NCO if it was silver cord it would be officers.however it looks from the picture to be missing the two pins on each side to hold a chin strap in place

ps for reanactment it doesn't make much difference if late or early if your portraying late war early visors would still have been worn

?

Being one of the moderators of this forum, I'm inclined to delete this thread right now unless you can give me a good reason why anyone would ask whether a reproduction cap is early or late war?!?!

?

Not sure what the intended purpose of this cap is, however if for display or reenactment, I'm sure you could find a better example of a reproduction for not too much money.

I'm no expert by any means, but even I can see that this is a terrible copy....

I don't believe they're actually trying to pull a fast one here about early or late war, etc. If it's for a re-enactment, I would imagine they're simply trying to get it as accurate as the period they're portraying, is all. If you are doing, say, the 1939 invasion of Poland, you naturally wouldn't want to have a 1944 style cap, I would think. Having said that, it is a not very good repro, in any case! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Well that's fine but don't we have another area for re-enactment questions?

?

Right, I've moved it over to somewhere more suitable IMO.