Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

World War II Weekend. Reading, PA

Article about: I've been sitting on these pictures since the beginning of the summer. Thought I might as well share them. I am definitely going back next year!

?

Default Re: World War II Weekend. Reading, PA

Good stuff,man! Thanks for sharing. I especially like the reenactments.
    ~Dean

Looks like a superb event. I have only heard good things about it over the years.

Cheers, Ade.

Fantastic pics The uniform detail looks amazing !

I would just love to see FIFI do a show Can she not fly across the pond for us !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! It was WW2 sensory overload... I really enjoyed myself! I wish I had taken more detailed pictures.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Hey man, I don't know how far in NY you live but if you are interested in reenacting, my unit is always looking for more guys!

This coming weekend we are actually attending an event in Odessa, NY.
    I live about an hour north of NYC. I would def. be interested, but I'm not sure if I have the time and $$ to spare right now...

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Fantastic pics The uniform detail looks amazing !

I would just love to see FIFI do a show Can she not fly across the pond for us !

Nick
    It was amazing to see her take flight. I think for next year's show I'm going to set aside a few hundred bucks so I can reserve a seat and actually fly the Fifi or the B17 or B24 they had at the show!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Looks like a superb event. I have only heard good things about it over the years.

Cheers, Ade.
    It really is! Huge, too! I was amazed by the amount of stuff there... they had reenactors representing the US Army, Marines, Army Air Corp, the Airborne... there were Brits, Germans, Russians, Japanese, I think there even were Italians, too. Finally, they had people reenacting the home front... they had a 40's style gas station, munitions workers, people wearing civilian garb... the list goes on and on!

There was a mess tent serving up WW2 vintage soldiers' food for anyone who wanted some...

The military flea market was expansive, and they had a lot of good stuff! I came home with a lot of good stuff... all authentic and reasonably priced!

Finally, they had lots of fair type food.

All in all, a very cool experience. I can't wait to go back!

?

Thanks for posting the pics. I go to the flea market just up route 61 when the show is on. I have never been there but was told that the prices of for sale items were high. That was enough to convince me not to go. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Quote by rra227 View Post
    Thanks for posting the pics. I go to the flea market just up route 61 when the show is on. I have never been there but was told that the prices of for sale items were high. That was enough to convince me not to go. Rich A. in Pa.
    Yeah, a lot of the things on sale were over priced. However, A LOT of the vendors were more than willing to lower their prices if you were willing to haggle/ talk to them a little.

I made out very well - underpaid for almost everything I picked up. The only thing I didn't do great on was an EK2. I paid pretty much exactly what it was worth.

Thanks for the pictures, looks like a very fun event. Hmm, how far is that from here? Might be a road trip in the future . . .

Jeez, I wish that was Reading, England

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

GIZMO8Z,I know 6 guys that set up there. I see them at the flea markets I go to all the time. I have a good idea what they paid for stuff. I see them with stuff they bought. I see a few at the gun show. I see how much they want for their stuff. To much for me. Glad you got a deal though. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast