Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wow, people really need to relax.

Article about: Wasnt going to comment in case my political views came pouring out but I think people are only sensitive and offended when it helps they're side. I dont think this would have come up if it w

Default Wow, people really need to relax.

Being a German reenactor does not make one a Nazi.

Report: Candidate in Ohio wore German SS uniform - Politics - msnbc.com

Default Re: Wow, people really need to relax.

Hi, theres is still a lot of people that dont understand, reenactment and and collecting are hobbies just like any.
    Most people i know sometimes ask me if im a nazy, just because i collect.
    This way of thinking happens all around the world, especially in non war related countrys.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

I agree that a reenactor does not make one a nazi but if I were running for office, that and being a child molester are a couple of things I would shy away from

That is really stupid, since he did SS reenacting with his son, they are trying to say he is a Nazi, such bullshit, I live in Ohio, and I totally support him.

The Democrats will stop at nothing with their agenda of lies.

I hope this thread does not go bad, as it could have some political views, that we all dont agree with.

Brian
    Last edited by blackheart0866; 10-11-2010 at 11:11 PM.

Brian, No need to use the term Demoturds. The thread can indeed go "bad" if we toss around such epithets. The story was actually picked up first by a conservative news group. In an election year we expect to see stories illuminating the background of candidates. For someone running for office this is certainly a problem - like it or not. I know the active word in re-enacting is "act." Other folks just don't see this aspect of the hobby and take offense. The Wiking Division has some connection to atrocities (albeit limited in scope) that cause some alarm to people unfamiliar with WWII Living History. I'm afraid the photos will torpedo Rich Iott's campaign efforts despite his best efforts to explain.

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Brian, No need to use the term Demoturds. The thread can indeed go "bad" if we toss around such epithets. The story was actually picked up first by a conservative news group. In an election year we expect to see stories illuminating the background of candidates. For someone running for office this is certainly a problem - like it or not. I know the active word in re-enacting is "act." Other folks just don't see this aspect of the hobby and take offense. The Wiking Division has some connection to atrocities (albeit limited in scope) that cause some alarm to people unfamiliar with WWII Living History. I'm afraid the photos will torpedo Rich Iott's campaign efforts despite his best efforts to explain.
    I agree, and i corrected what i wrote, I apologize for it.

Like an WW2 82nd vet told me awhile back, He has no problem with people playing the part of SS members for reenacting, as someone has to do,it, and he would like to see it done properly.

That's all it is reenacting, sure there are some that have political views, but with majority of any German reenacting units, they will kick out, and bar a person for showing, displaying any political views at all.

Brian

You guys, I live here in Ohio. It has been all over the news, and so many idiots in my school have called me a "nazi" becuase it was brought up and of my collection. Too many people see the symbol as all evil, but I see it as a part of history. If I remember correctly, it was developed in Asian culture and even the British used it during WW1.

As did the Native Americans in the past.

Its just a symbol like any others, some are worse, and some not.

Brian

I just think people need to get over it. An SS uniform has no practical use anymore because the SS doesn't EXIST anymore. The only thing it is good for is being part of someone's collection or as a reenactment item if it's reproduction. WWII ended decades ago.

I agree with Neil............

These symbols remain a part of the hatred and brutality that they once stood for.
    People still get upset by them to this day, as is happening there.

The problem is in trying to show both sides of the WWII conflict without
    offending anyone, and this sometimes cannot be done.

Unfortunately, this will really be the death knell for the guy...........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast