MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2x Luftwaffe Koppelschlösser - 1x Tropical Luftwaffe - Opinions Welcome

Article about: Hello Everyone, Here are the two remaining buckles & belts I bought last week. Hope members have forbearance with me, don't like to hog the buckle forum, normally I buy the odd buckle no

?

Default 2x Luftwaffe Koppelschlösser - 1x Tropical Luftwaffe - Opinions Welcome

Hello Everyone,
    Here are the two remaining buckles & belts I bought last week. Hope members have forbearance with me, don't like to hog the buckle forum, normally I buy the odd buckle now and again. The seller has a decent attitude, if they turn out to be fakes, he will take them back, obviously I try to authenticate the piece as quickly as possible, don't like to give them back to him three months later. I do look through the fake databases before posting, if there's no description what's wrong with the piece, do have difficulty recognizing it.
    Both buckles are steel, top one I think is normal Luftwaffe buckle still with a lot of colour and MM what I take to be from Overhoff, the leather belt its on has no markings. The lower buckle has a tan colour and MM = Aa39 (read this with magnifying glass, the photo I know is not good enough to see this) I take this to be the Assman mark. The buckle is on a web belt with length size 95 on it. I think this one is a tropical buckle & belt. What do members think ? opinion are welcome.
    Regards
    Alec
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2x Luftwaffe Koppelschlösser - 1x Tropical Luftwaffe - Opinions Welcome   2x Luftwaffe Koppelschlösser - 1x Tropical Luftwaffe - Opinions Welcome  

2x Luftwaffe Koppelschlösser - 1x Tropical Luftwaffe - Opinions Welcome   2x Luftwaffe Koppelschlösser - 1x Tropical Luftwaffe - Opinions Welcome  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2x Luftwaffe Koppelschlösser - 1x Tropical Luftwaffe - Opinions Welcome
    P
    Many

Default Re: 2x Luftwaffe Koppelschlösser - 1x Tropical Luftwaffe - Opinions Welcome

I am not a luft expert, but I am pretty sure that these are both bad.. hopefully some more members will chime in and give their opinions as well
    thanks for sharing
    Chad

Default Re: 2x Luftwaffe Koppelschlösser - 1x Tropical Luftwaffe - Opinions Welcome

Alec, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but both buckles are fake mate, sorry the leather belt seems ok from the pics provided dont know about the web tab belt, so Alec take the buckles back and if you would not mind can you post these buckle pics in the rouges gallery please?

Thanks
    Ben

Alec, just for info there are quite a few of these in the rouges gallery:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...allery-1530-4/
    Ben

Both belts look good to me...but as mentioned: the buckles are reproductions. Sorry

Rob

What is it that gives them away as fake?

Glenn

The eagle's head is a giveaway (too "pointy") as are the feet of the belt catch (raised). The tail on the eagle is also not correct. Hope that helps some.

Thank you, I did think that the grey 'eagle' looked more like a crow anyway. Interesting about the feet of the catch, I will compare with my ground dug original tonight.

Cheers

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    What is it that gives them away as fake?

Glenn
    Glenn, have a good read of this thread, it may help answer your question

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...ls-fakes-5102/
    Ben

Thanks Ben, that is a great thread for reference!

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast