Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckle and Heer Buckle, Marked with Belt Keeper: Authentic/good deal?

Article about: Hi, everyone. I saw these two other buckles and was curious what you all thought. I know these Luftwaffe buckles get copied often so I wasn't sure about it. It's aluminum, two-pieced and sel

Question Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckle and Heer Buckle, Marked with Belt Keeper: Authentic/good deal?

Hi, everyone. I saw these two other buckles and was curious what you all thought. I know these Luftwaffe buckles get copied often so I wasn't sure about it. It's aluminum, two-pieced and selling for $95 USD. Is the 2-piece, aluminum construction usually inidcative of earlier buckles? The 2nd Heer buckle (going for $75 USD) looks good to me. I think it's probably a good deal as it has some of what I believe is the original paint left on it. I don't think the leather keeper is original, however. Looks post-war, non-military and doesn't have any markings.

Any advice or opinions would be great!
    Thanks,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckle and Heer Buckle, Marked with Belt Keeper: Authentic/good deal?   Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckle and Heer Buckle, Marked with Belt Keeper: Authentic/good deal?  

Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckle and Heer Buckle, Marked with Belt Keeper: Authentic/good deal?   Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckle and Heer Buckle, Marked with Belt Keeper: Authentic/good deal?  

Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckle and Heer Buckle, Marked with Belt Keeper: Authentic/good deal?   Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckle and Heer Buckle, Marked with Belt Keeper: Authentic/good deal?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckle and Heer Buckle, Marked with Belt Keeper: Authentic/good deal?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckle and Heer Buckle, Marked with Belt Keeper: Authentic/good deal?

I agree with you on the 2nd Heer Buckle, it looks good to me.

Default Re: Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckle and Heer Buckle, Marked with Belt Keeper: Authentic/good deal?

Adam both buckles are good, is the Lufte aluminium or Zinc? You are quite correct about the tab, probably post war applied but not original to the buckle
    Ben

Just for reference a JFS buckle with tab
    Attached Images Attached Images Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckle and Heer Buckle, Marked with Belt Keeper: Authentic/good deal?  Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckle and Heer Buckle, Marked with Belt Keeper: Authentic/good deal?  Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckle and Heer Buckle, Marked with Belt Keeper: Authentic/good deal? 
    Ben

Thanks for the help, guys and for the reference Ben. I think the Luftwaffe buckle is actually zinc even though it was advertised as aluminum. Is zinc okay for this buckle and is one material more desirable than the other?

Thanks,
    Adam

Hi Adam, I thought it was zinc, nice buckle and quite collectable
    Ben