Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Another Luftwaffe Belt & Buckle

Article about: Here is another Belt and Buckle I bought many years ago. It is not nearly as detailed as the other I posted yesterday. It has a maker mark on the tab, H. Aurich, Dresden, 1942. There is a fa

Default Another Luftwaffe Belt & Buckle

Here is another Belt and Buckle I bought many years ago. It is not nearly as detailed as the other I posted yesterday. It has a maker mark on the tab, H. Aurich, Dresden, 1942. There is a faint marking on the back of the buckle that I believe is an "AH" with the H sideways. That is the only markings I can find on anything. The Belt is soft but not in very good shape. The adjustment piece on the buckle end looks like it has been repositioned and resewn several times as if the leather stretched and the belt needed to be made smaller or the soldier lost a lot of weight and it needed adjusted.

Let me know what you think.

I sure appreciated all the comments from people. I really have no one to talk about these items with so this forum is great. Thanks to all.

WilliamAnother Luftwaffe Belt & BuckleAnother Luftwaffe Belt & BuckleAnother Luftwaffe Belt & BuckleAnother Luftwaffe Belt & BuckleAnother Luftwaffe Belt & BuckleAnother Luftwaffe Belt & BuckleAnother Luftwaffe Belt & BuckleAnother Luftwaffe Belt & Buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another Luftwaffe Belt & Buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Another Luftwaffe Belt & Buckle

Nothing wrong with that set either, the buckle is typical Aurich Luft with the short catch and long ears so typical of Aurich, the only thing I would say is the tab need to be the other way around, in other words the makers mark on the tab need to face the front of the buckle. Belt is a typical combat one with the tongue moved due to its owner losing weight as the war went on and food was rationed, over all nice been there set
    Ben

I think it has been resewn. The thread looks very new. Whoever did this maybe got the tab on backwards. That's why it is so good to have you guys to write to. I never would have noticed that but I do see the difference with my other buckle and tab.

Should I attempt to change it or just leave it? I'm inclined to just leave it.

Thanks

If you are happy with it then leave it, if it was loose then I would turn it around, but that is me, at the end of the day as long as you like it who cares
    Ben

?

I usually want to leave items as is but if you can find some thread , the proper size, I would turn the tab around and stitch it. As bad as the stitching looks now all you can do is improve the looks.

Quote by kirby View Post
    I usually want to leave items as is but if you can find some thread , the proper size, I would turn the tab around and stitch it. As bad as the stitching looks now all you can do is improve the looks.
    Do you have any suggestions for type, color, style of thread to use?

Quote by wpheaton View Post
    Do you have any suggestions for type, color, style of thread to use?
    use like medium thicknes thread that is the same color as the leather on the belt so it dosent stand out to much

You try and need to find three ply thread if you can, I would personally leave it
    Ben