Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Assmann Luftwaffe officers dress buckle

Article about: I have had this Luftwaffe Officers dress buckle For brocade belt offered to me by a shop keeper in town but his price is a little high at \\$80.00 I do think. It is made of stamped aluminum wi

?

Default Assmann Luftwaffe officers dress buckle

I have had this Luftwaffe Officers dress buckle For brocade belt offered to me by a shop keeper in town but his price is a little high at $80.00 I do think.
    It is made of stamped aluminum with a matt finish and has a gold colored Luftwaffe eagle riveted to the buckle with three rivets, the back is marked with maker "A" for Assmann I do believe it to be a good honest buckle but would welcome other opinions before I make him a counter offer
    If my information is correct
    This style of Officer’s belt buckle was produced in two, slightly different versions with the first version featuring the early, "droop tailed" pattern Luftwaffe eagle, (Circa 1935-1936/37), while the later version featured the second pattern, flare-tailed Luftwaffe eagle, (Circa 1936/37-1945). During the Third Reich there was a prescribed form of wear of the belt and buckle with the buckle being positioned on the right side. Regulations of February 12TH 1940 discontinued wear of the brocade belt and buckle but it was still worn on formal occasions when ordered. Officers ranks were responsible for purchasing their own uniform items, including the brocade belt and buckle, and as a result were allotted a clothing allowance through the Luftwaffe’s Verkaufsabteilung, (Air-Force Sales Department), system. The Officers could choose to purchase their items from the armed forces clothing depots or to privately purchase items of higher quality.
    Sorry about the photo quality it is already dark here on the west coast

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assmann Luftwaffe officers dress buckle   Assmann Luftwaffe officers dress buckle  

Assmann Luftwaffe officers dress buckle   Assmann Luftwaffe officers dress buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assmann Luftwaffe officers dress buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Assmann Luftwaffe officers dress buckle

Hi Mark, officer buckles are not my think I have never collected them but just for observation on what I do know. The eagle looks good, the wings are not touching the sides and it looks like a Assmann eagle, the roundel at the rear seems to be cut quite crudely, not like other officer buckles I have seen and the off centre "A". If it turns out genuine @ $80 would bite his arm off to be honest, to the elbow!!!
    Ben

?

Thanks Ben for the quick reply officers buckles are not my thing either I have till Sunday to make a decision if authentic any ideal on the going price .
    And as to the crudeness I as well have some concerns it would almost appear as if it was sprung on the one corner .

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Thanks Ben for the quick reply officers buckles are not my thing either I have till Sunday to make a decision if authentic any ideal on the going price .
    And as to the crudeness I as well have some concerns it would almost appear as if it was sprung on the one corner .

Regards Mark K
    I am sure you will get a answer before then, If Markus sees the thread he will have a good idea, I know he has at least one Lufte officers buckle
    Ben

?

I like what I am seeing except for the Assmann mark being off center. If I came across this for $80 i would buy it. You should be able to come up with a replacement keeper.

?

Thanks for the help gentlemen your opinions on this buckle are greatly appreciated I have never had the opportunity to handle one in hand before I did recognize the Assmann mark on the back and was able to compare the buckle to known originals and IMO the mark looked good but I never took in to consideration the placement of the mark as being critical .
    Safe to say I still have much to learn on buckles and maker marks.

Regards Mark K
    Last edited by Mark K; 11-24-2012 at 01:18 PM.