Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Better pic of buckle.

Article about: Hi Better pic of buckle, I know the tab is repro but what about the buckle please. Thanks for your help.

?

Default Better pic of buckle.

Hi
    Better pic of buckle, I know the tab is repro but what about the buckle please.
    Thanks for your help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Better pic of buckle.   Better pic of buckle.  

Better pic of buckle.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Better pic of buckle.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Better pic of buckle.

The buckle looks like an original Assmann to be honest, Rudi will confirm this when he sees this thread, can you post pics of the tab as well please?
    Ben

?

Hi
    a couple of pics of the tab. Looks like it's been double stamped ??
    Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Better pic of buckle.   Better pic of buckle.  

This is a real puzzle to me, the tab does not look that bad, the stitching could be three ply but I have never seen a Assmann tab with the year on the inside of the oval and I doubt any if the other more experienced collectors would have either, I will email Rudi and see if he can post another Assmann Lufte example I dont like the catch on the bucke either
    Ben

Ralph, this is my verdict on this buckle, the buckle itself is original, I believe the catch has been soldered on the wrong way (thats why to me its looks wrong) and the tab is a fake one. Again, I am sure Rudi will put us straight
    Ben

Another theory on tab is that it could be original and the year has been stamped post war by someone to enhance its selling price?
    Ben

Hi Ben

For me the buckle is also good.But it seems to be a late war one.The tab should have a separate date on it. Very strange one, but it's not the German way, it's perhaps produced on a monday morning.I think it's all right and by miracle passed the severe german quality control.I would buy the buckle without a great fear.

Take care
    Rudi

rudi
    Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Another theory on tab is that it could be original and the year has been stamped post war by someone to enhance its selling price?

Ralph, Rudi probably has one of the best Lufte collections that I know of, so in all the buckle is an original Assmann the tab is questionable? Hope all this has helped?
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    The buckle looks like an original Assmann to be honest, Rudi will confirm this when he sees this thread, can you post pics of the tab as well please?
    WOW! This buckle and i have a lot in common, we are both an ass-man!