Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dransfeld & Co Luftwaffe buckle

Article about: Hello all, I recently picked up this tabbed Luftwaffe buckle from a well known dealer. This is only my second TR buckle so I just want some of your opinions. The tab is marked 1941 Dransfeld

?

Default Dransfeld & Co Luftwaffe buckle

Hello all,

I recently picked up this tabbed Luftwaffe buckle from a well known dealer. This is only my second TR buckle so I just want some of your opinions. The tab is marked 1941 Dransfeld & Co Menden / W. There are no visible markings on the buckle.

Alex
    Dransfeld & Co Luftwaffe buckleDransfeld & Co Luftwaffe buckleDransfeld & Co Luftwaffe buckleDransfeld & Co Luftwaffe buckleDransfeld & Co Luftwaffe buckleDransfeld & Co Luftwaffe buckleDransfeld & Co Luftwaffe buckleDransfeld & Co Luftwaffe buckleDransfeld & Co Luftwaffe buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dransfeld & Co Luftwaffe buckle
    P
    Many

Very good condition Luft buckle I don't have that maker but it is listed as a luft maker Looks almost unissued Ben will come along and tell you more about it. timothy

?

Very nice Dransfeld Luftwaffe buckle Alex W... If I am correct, Dransfeld never marked their buckles.
    The tab is not only the tell tale sign.. Have a look at Peter Nashs' " German Belt Buckles" Page 185..
    The eagles wings also betray or ID the maker.. I will post mine for comparison...Gwar

?

Default Dransfeld Luftwaffe

A very nice and well marked minty buckle you have there..
    My information is sparse, and I owe most if not all to Ben Evans..
    He is the "Guru" of buckles... Thanks for sharing... Gwar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dransfeld & Co Luftwaffe buckle   Dransfeld & Co Luftwaffe buckle  

?

Thanks Timothy and Gwar for your replies. Gwar I like your buckle also. I have seen online some Dransfeld police buckles marked D&Co. I wonder why they didn't mark their Luftwaffe ones?

?

That, my friend is why we have moderators like Ben Evans... To answer the sticky questions..
    He has an uncanny way of recognising ears and box type of buckles like no other..
    He has been collecting way..way..before I started... I am still learning myself.. Alex W.. Take care and good hunting.... Gwar

?

Nice buckle!

?

Thanks again Gwar and also to Erno for your reply

Good morning guys, Alex the buckle you have is a very nice example of a Luft buckle by Dranfeld & Co, Menden. Quite an easy buckle to spot with the catch, the weld spots on the catch and the ears, quite distinct. In ref to makers marks its not know why they did not mark all their buckles, as a maker they are not alone, lots of other buckle makers did the same thing, Gustav Brehmer for example. If you are not sure about buckle terminology have a read of this thread, it will give you the basics

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...ls-fakes-5102/
    Attached Images Attached Images Dransfeld & Co Luftwaffe buckle  Dransfeld & Co Luftwaffe buckle  Dransfeld & Co Luftwaffe buckle  Dransfeld & Co Luftwaffe buckle 
    Ben

Just another observation the buckle you have shown, on the top ear it looks like it was not done properly on the folding tool, the ear should not be as elongated as that, just MO though, here is a Heer example for comparison, again another distinct buckle in that no other maker had a eagle similar to the Dransfled eagle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dransfeld & Co Luftwaffe buckle   Dransfeld & Co Luftwaffe buckle  

Dransfeld & Co Luftwaffe buckle   Dransfeld & Co Luftwaffe buckle  

Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast