Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Droop tail luftwaffe buckle

Article about: a few pics of my new buckle came with a nice belt marked HEINRICH SOHN dated 1939. No makers marks on the buckle tho. Hope you enjoy the pics and look forward to any info you may have to add

?

Default Droop tail luftwaffe buckle

a few pics of my new buckle came with a nice belt marked HEINRICH SOHN dated 1939. No makers marks on the buckle tho. Hope you enjoy the pics and look forward to any info you may have to add.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Droop tail luftwaffe buckle   Droop tail luftwaffe buckle  

Droop tail luftwaffe buckle   Droop tail luftwaffe buckle  

Droop tail luftwaffe buckle   Droop tail luftwaffe buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Droop tail luftwaffe buckle
    P
    Many

Has the prongs been replaced at some point? I dont recall seeing a crank Luft with brass prongs, I will have a look through my pictures
    Ben

Never seen a catch like this before, but than again Im still learning.

I have looked through my pics, the Nash book and Angolia book and I have not seen prongs like that on a crank buckle before, for me they have been replaced at some point.
    Ben

Moved to Luftwaffe thread
    Ben

?

I don't disagree with that ,as it is a well used buckle I have no problem to it having had a repair in its working life.

?

I see on another thread the same maker buckle is shown again no maker mark but going by the laurel design and the placement of the berries in the laurel one in the same. And the crank design is a good match.

you have to be very lucky to get a mint alloy buckle after 70+years.

?

Very true and this one would have seen upto 4 years service before the out break of war. To me a field repair adds to the history of a piece.

?

I have now seen a few more early luft buckles with the same brass prongs with silvered finish and some on this forum, so just because it's not in a couple of ref books may be a bit early to say a later repair.I'm sure ref books don't hold all examples .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast