Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Early 1936 Luft with tab markings

Article about: droop tail luftwaffe with leather tab marked Berg&Nolte 1936. Tab also has markings on back that I am having some trouble figuring out. Upper area has "sch./" and then I can ma

Default Early 1936 Luft with tab markings

droop tail luftwaffe with leather tab marked Berg&Nolte 1936. Tab also has markings on back that I am having some trouble figuring out. Upper area has "sch./" and then I can make out maybe an A and an R further along the tab. The lower area has "Fl.H.L (I think it is an L) and then further along there is a "39". I didnt have a first pattern Luftwaffe buckle and purchased from a dealer this weekend.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	075.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	222.0 KB 
ID:	881447   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	065.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	234.7 KB 
ID:	881454  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	069.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	228.2 KB 
ID:	881450   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	071.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	224.9 KB 
ID:	881452  

Name:	063.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	222.4 KB 
ID:	881453   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	066.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	232.1 KB 
ID:	881451  

Name:	070.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	229.0 KB 
ID:	881449  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

The Fl.H stands for Fliegerhorst. The L will be the actual airfield.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katego...fe_(Wehrmacht)

The markings above this are another unit marking, but I cannot make them out.

Nice buckle.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

You have to like the unit marked stuff.👍

Hello,

a very nice early lufty
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

early ones are getting hard to find now.

?

I would disagree that these are hard to find . Excellent to mint condition early Luftwaffe buckles are scarce but the worn ones are common.

There was one at an antique shop we frequent once or twice a year but it was worn and missing prongs so I held off buying; glad I did as this one was only about $25 dols more and had the leather tab. I did not see the unit markings on tab until after i got home with it.
    Joe
    Quote by kirby View Post
    I would disagree that these are hard to find . Excellent to mint condition early Luftwaffe buckles are scarce but the worn ones are common.

?

Good thing you waited. I wouldn't buy a buckle with missing parts unless it was rare or super cheap.

?

Quote by kirby View Post
    Good thing you waited. I wouldn't buy a buckle with missing parts unless it was rare or super cheap.
    I have actually purchased a few buckles that were in great shape on the outside.. ( Face ) but lacking a prong.
    I believe that sometimes a specimen in hand is better than naught.. Besides... Most people that view my collection don't have a clue what O.L.C. Vs. F.K.O. ect; ect; is... I can allways upgrade if the item comes along.
    Just my way of collecting... G-Man
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Everyone has their own style of collecting. I would buy a buckle with missing prongs or a broken catch, It just needs to be a very good deal or something rare. I bought a good but ground dug DRK flat back a few years ago. It filled a hole tell I nice one came along. I saw a very nice nickel SS o&c at the SOS. It was a slight variation of the markings but it was missing the prong bar. The dealer wanted $400. That just wasn't a good enough deal..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast