Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early Parade Luftwaffe belt and buckle

Article about: Thanks for that extra info Guido! I had not thought of the RAD! Good call! Glad you like it! Rob

Default Early Parade Luftwaffe belt and buckle

These just landed today! An early LW parade belt and buckle. Two piece early drop tail eagle buckle is in great shape - notice how one of the ears that hold the roundel to the box is "upside down"? Weird.
    The belt is a little more worn. Nice LW brown leather with parade felt on the inside.
    A welcome addition to the collection.....Here are some pics. Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Parade Luftwaffe belt and buckle   Early Parade Luftwaffe belt and buckle  

Early Parade Luftwaffe belt and buckle   Early Parade Luftwaffe belt and buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Parade Luftwaffe belt and buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Early Parade Luftwaffe belt and buckle

Nice little set up Rob, good find mate I like it
    Ben

Thanks Ben! I've got a fair share of LW...but this is my first 2 piece parade drop tail so it goes nicely with the others! Glad you like the rig!
    Cheers!
    Rob

Hello Rob

I do like that strap and complete with the uniform anti scuff pad (I think you need to re thread the other way round).

Is the strap Luftwaffe marked? The reason that I ask is that it looks like a very high grade "political" and possibly SA strap. No strict rule here, although normally blue felt for Luftwaffe and brown felt for Political.

Regards,

David

Ahhh....I didn't know that about the strap possibly being a political contender! The belt is not marked - so it could be the case! Thanks for pointing out the anti-scuff pad - it will be turned around!
    Glad you like it!! Have a great day!

Rob

Rob,

A very nice buckle. these are tough to find in this condition as are the one piece droop tails. I agree w/David most likely a politcal belt as the catch would indicate. Never-the- less a very nice belt w/the felt backing and the scuff guard.

Bill

Thanks Bill! Here's a question for you guys....Obviously the belt does not go with the buckle....what kind of buckle should I pair with it? Is this belt a candidate for an SA buckle? Thoughts?
    Thanks!
    Rob

I just purchased a luftwaffe two piece al buckle with brown parade style belt also. It has the "scuffpad" (?) too. What is this and how is it worn with the buckle attached to the belt?

Have a look at the picture showing the scuffpad above......turn it around (mine was on backwards) - and there you go. It was used to ensure that the metal on the buckle would not damage the tunic.
    Cheers!
    Rob

?

Quote by lach470 View Post
    Thanks Bill! Here's a question for you guys....Obviously the belt does not go with the buckle....what kind of buckle should I pair with it? Is this belt a candidate for an SA buckle? Thoughts?
    Thanks!
    Rob
    Nice find, Rob!

Also imaginable that this belt matches to a RAD parade buckle!

Best,
    Guido

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast