Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Field Painted Luftwaffe Buckle.

Article about: Guys, I have three Luft buckles to show and one appears to be field painted. Thought you'd like to have a look. Regards, Hal

Hal
    ?

Default Field Painted Luftwaffe Buckle.

Guys, I have three Luft buckles to show and one appears to be field painted. Thought you'd like to have a look. Regards, Hal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Field Painted Luftwaffe Buckle.   Field Painted Luftwaffe Buckle.  

Field Painted Luftwaffe Buckle.   Field Painted Luftwaffe Buckle.  

Attached Images Attached Images Field Painted Luftwaffe Buckle. 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Field Painted Luftwaffe Buckle.
    P
    Many

iron cross
    ?

Default Re: Field Painted Luft Buckle.

nice buckles maby the white paint indicates that the soldier who used it was fighting in the eastern front. The white paint might of been applied for snow camo.

Three nice "classic" Aurich buckles, any dates on the inside of the buckles?
    Ben

Hal
    ?

Thanks guys, added two pics to show MM; the painted buckle has a mark in a triangle, the tabbed buckle also has a maker mark and the third is unmarked. Regards, Hal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Field Painted Luftwaffe Buckle.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Field Painted Luftwaffe Buckle. 

Wow, it just goes to show that you never stop learning, to be honest I always thought that only H Aurich used the what I call short stubby catch feet, it appears that G H Osang also used them, another pointer to myself is to always have a good look first, if you look at the ears on the Osang buckle they are not the normal slender type that Aurich use this should have set off alarm bells for me anyway. Many thanks for the pics Hal
    Ben

Great buckles!! I like the white painted example for sure! Only problem I see with it is that it's not in my collection!

Rob