Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Finally my first belt and buckle!!

Article about: Picked up this last night figured i would show it here, nice addition to my luft. dagger with hangers, and now a belt! B&N 41 on buckle and leather, but the belt is from 1943. thanks for

Default Re: Finally my first belt and buckle!!

John, also have a smell of the leather, smell the tab on the buckle, that is for sure 10000% genuine, 60 odd year old leather has a very distinct smell, it does not smell of leather, more of a musty smell, very distinct and once you smell it and smell other leather and get to know it it stays with you forever. Smell the belt, should have that aged smell about it, if it smells like new leather then you have your answer. I realise it might sound silly smelling leather but it is a cracking tool in your armoury for identifying old from new
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

i know that, i did that before i even bought it i dose have that 60 some odd year smell, like and old foot locker there is no leather smell, and your are right it smells musty nothing like new leather or little with a little age. so it dose not sound funny i have used this in the pass fo items even the double buckle us boots that came with this belt. but i can say that the 3 ply thread trick was cool i dident know that untill now!!! your the man Ben thanks john

Quote by john31 View Post
    i know that, i did that before i even bought it i dose have that 60 some odd year smell, like and old foot locker there is no leather smell, and your are right it smells musty nothing like new leather or little with a little age. so it dose not sound funny i have used this in the pass fo items even the double buckle us boots that came with this belt. but i can say that the 3 ply thread trick was cool i dident know that untill now!!! your the man Ben thanks john
    Good one John
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Good one John
    thanks Ben for all your help with this belt, at first i was going against my judgement of being real, this belt to me seemed too nice, almost mint to be real, and with all the repo stuff out there i was almost leaning towards that even knowing of the smell, and the buckle being real i had some questions on the belt. you schooled me well in knowing the intricacies of the stuff i dident know like the thread count being 3 ply etc. GOOD JOB on your part for this is now tools i have learned that i will not forget. thanks john

wow very nice buckle and belt the details are rerally nice and crisp, rgds Dave

?

thanks Dave, i still cant get over the fact that its this nice it really seems like it was unused! i will get another picture up of this belt just to really show how nice it is, complete shot! thanks john

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12