Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Luft Buckle - Maker ?

Article about: Not mine and on the pricey side, but is for sale. Can't seem to match the maker mark to the list on the makers thread here, and the Angolia book has one like it but the maker is not stated.

?

Here you go, so if the Angolia book and Mr. Wittmann are incorrect, here it is!

Wittmann Militaria - Luftwaffe EM Buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Regarding the dealer, how do you guys feel about this buckle?

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi, As a matter of interest, I have seen wrong SS buckles marked "OLT" within a diamond. I was advised that they were being turned out by a UK dealer in the north west of England and he uses his initials in reverse as the manufacturer. The name is Tony L Oliver TLO or OLT in reverse.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards MR
    Got impaled on one of these from old Globe Militaria in the late 70's timothy

?

Default Buckle

We all make mistakes... Buying a bad "Buckle" shouldn't be one of them... Cheers... Gwar
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote by weller View Post
    Here you go, so if the Angolia book and Mr. Wittmann are incorrect, here it is!

Wittmann Militaria - Luftwaffe EM Buckle
    Yep selling a fake lol

- - ------- - -

Quote by Erno View Post

Another fake SS buckle
    Ben

Quote by Erno View Post
    and this one Wittmann Militaria #35537 SS Enlisted Man's Buckle

and this one Wittmann Militaria #26952 Luftwaffe EM Buckle
    Ben

After 50+ years of collecting, I have come to the conclusion that I am in the middle of a minefield. Is there anything on the current German militaria market that was made prior to 1945??? I was offered a nail the other day and the guy swore that it fell out of Adolf Hitler's boot at one of the pre war rallies. Should I believe him. It is stamped "made in Germany" with the initiasl LDO/RZM/DRGM/DRP/SS/HK and "property of AH". What do you think??
    Cheers MR

MR, there are lots of good TR buckles out there to find and buy, but its knowing your stuff mate, if ever in doubt pop it on here for an opinion
    Ben

Cheers Bob

?

The SA buckle from the Angolia book is on page 173 and again on page 635. The buckle isn't credited to anyone so it may be from his personal collection. Angolia is a buckle guy. When he sold the bulk of his TR collection he kept his buckles. He posted on another forum he has over 1200 buckles. I would guess he thought the buckle was real when he put it in the book.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3884752307.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	675346   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2496478376.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	675347  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast