Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Luftwaffe Belt

Article about: I am new to this forum, and was wondering if somebody might be able to help me. Although my main interest is the RAF in the last war, when I was younger I used to collect German items as wel

Johnnie13
    ?

Default Luftwaffe Belt

I am new to this forum, and was wondering if somebody might be able to help me. Although my main interest is the RAF in the last war, when I was younger I used to collect German items as well as British items.

I have a belt which I picked up some time ago, and was wondering if any members might be able to tell me anything about it. I assume it is Luftwaffe, and it appears to be an original, however I was wondering if anybody could confirm this?

Any help would be great,

Johnnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	German Belt 01-04-2009 001.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	32184   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	German Belt 01-04-2009 004.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	32185  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Luftwaffe Belt?

Dear Johnnie, this is indeed an original luftwaffe belt as worn by enlisted men and NCO's. I think I can see the maker mark of Richard Sieper and Sohne, a well known wartime German manufacturer. I have an almost indentical example with the leather tab marked 1942, so I would expect this to be a similar date.

Johnnie13
    ?

Thank you for the reply. I couldn't see any stamps on the leather apart from a faint mark that seems to be LBA which I seems to stand for Luftwaffenbekleidungsamt from what I have seen on other web sites.

I have been thinking of clearing out some/all of my German items for a while so I can add to my RAF collection so no doubt there will be more items turing up.

As an aside, this belt cost me 2. Wonder what it would be worth now!!

Johnnie

This was a bargain for 2! I have bought various luftwaffe belt and buckles over the last few years, paying between 70 and 90, however this is very well worn and I would value it at 40-50. Regards, Douglas

Johnnie13
    ?

Many thanks for that. It certainly seems like it was a bargain.

Johnnie

?

hi johnnie , and welcome to the forum , i really like your buckle , i love them with honest wear and the " been there " look .

cheers al

Default re: Luftwaffe Belt

Hi Johnnie and welcome, I have moved your thread to the buckle forum, nice but worn buckle by Richard Seiper Sohne and for 2 quid!!!! Mate what a steal
    Ben

?

Johnnie nice been there set the kind i like best & at 2 you got a super bargain mate ......Cheers Sweezz.

geat looking combat veteran , wish i could find a bargain like that, rgds Dave

Johnnie13
    ?

Thanks for all the replies to this. I bought it as I thought it wouyld have been quite hard to fake the ware, and I must admit I rather like the lived in look.

Thanks again for the help with this.

Johnnie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast