Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Belt

Article about: I am new to this forum, and was wondering if somebody might be able to help me. Although my main interest is the RAF in the last war, when I was younger I used to collect German items as wel

Johnnie13
    ?

Default Luftwaffe Belt

I am new to this forum, and was wondering if somebody might be able to help me. Although my main interest is the RAF in the last war, when I was younger I used to collect German items as well as British items.

I have a belt which I picked up some time ago, and was wondering if any members might be able to tell me anything about it. I assume it is Luftwaffe, and it appears to be an original, however I was wondering if anybody could confirm this?

Any help would be great,

Johnnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Belt   Luftwaffe Belt  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Luftwaffe Belt?

Dear Johnnie, this is indeed an original luftwaffe belt as worn by enlisted men and NCO's. I think I can see the maker mark of Richard Sieper and Sohne, a well known wartime German manufacturer. I have an almost indentical example with the leather tab marked 1942, so I would expect this to be a similar date.

Johnnie13
    ?

Thank you for the reply. I couldn't see any stamps on the leather apart from a faint mark that seems to be LBA which I seems to stand for Luftwaffenbekleidungsamt from what I have seen on other web sites.

I have been thinking of clearing out some/all of my German items for a while so I can add to my RAF collection so no doubt there will be more items turing up.

As an aside, this belt cost me £2. Wonder what it would be worth now!!

Johnnie

This was a bargain for £2! I have bought various luftwaffe belt and buckles over the last few years, paying between £70 and £90, however this is very well worn and I would value it at £40-50. Regards, Douglas

Johnnie13
    ?

Many thanks for that. It certainly seems like it was a bargain.

Johnnie

?

hi johnnie , and welcome to the forum , i really like your buckle , i love them with honest wear and the " been there " look .

cheers al

Default re: Luftwaffe Belt

Hi Johnnie and welcome, I have moved your thread to the buckle forum, nice but worn buckle by Richard Seiper Sohne and for 2 quid!!!! Mate what a steal
    Ben

?

Johnnie nice been there set the kind i like best & at £2 you got a super bargain mate ......Cheers Sweezz.

?

geat looking combat veteran , wish i could find a bargain like that, rgds Dave

Johnnie13
    ?

Thanks for all the replies to this. I bought it as I thought it wouyld have been quite hard to fake the ware, and I must admit I rather like the lived in look.

Thanks again for the help with this.

Johnnie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast