Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Luftwaffe belt and buckle - Aluminium buckle and keeper for review. Maker?

Article about: Hi, Annoyed from this ads?   I'm looking at this set. The keeper is matching aluminium and the seller thinks that condition wise they have the 'been together' look. The leather he think

?

Default Luftwaffe belt and buckle - Aluminium buckle and keeper for review. Maker?

Hi, I'm looking at this set. The keeper is matching aluminium and the seller thinks that condition wise they have the 'been together' look. The leather he thinks may have been brown and wartime blackened as it's now a dark brown colour (size 85cm).

The tab has been cut down so that it appears that the maker's stamp has been cut off - is that unusual? Can anyone recognise the maker of the buckle? You can see the "LBA" stamp still however. Looking at the database (and a suggestion from another collector) I wondered if Dransfeld & Co. (Menden) might be a possibility?

There are also some custom holes added.

He's asking £110 ($165/ 140 Euros) - does that seem OK for the condition?

Grateful for any feedback!

Regards, Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe belt and buckle - Aluminium buckle and keeper for review. Maker?   Luftwaffe belt and buckle - Aluminium buckle and keeper for review. Maker?  

Luftwaffe belt and buckle - Aluminium buckle and keeper for review. Maker?   Luftwaffe belt and buckle - Aluminium buckle and keeper for review. Maker?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe belt and buckle - Aluminium buckle and keeper for review. Maker?
    P
    Many

?

Default More pictures

There are some extra holes added, perhaps as extra size adjustments?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe belt and buckle - Aluminium buckle and keeper for review. Maker?   Luftwaffe belt and buckle - Aluminium buckle and keeper for review. Maker?  

Luftwaffe belt and buckle - Aluminium buckle and keeper for review. Maker?  

Paul, nice been there set, from the smooth back of the buckle it could be Dransfeld as for price at £110 if you like it go for it, for both belt and buckle
    Ben

?

Hi Paul, a nice looking early Luftwaffe set. In pic #3, can you make out letters on the edge of the leather tab?

Jeff

Ben beat me

?

Hi Ben/ Jeff, many thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. The lettering is indistinct except for a D that might be preceded by FEL - ie FELD so perhaps DRANSFELD is a possibility!

Regards, Paul

It is not unusual to see extra holes in the belt to tighten it further. I have seen at least half a dozen examples and own one myself. Neil

Paul, Dranfeld buckles had a smooth back like the one you have shown, have a look through the Luft Threads and a find a Dranseld Aluminium buckle you will see what I mean, at the moment I am working away from home and I am using my work laptop which has none of my pics on or i would have shown you an example
    Ben

Here is one from the Luft makers thread, it belongs to Markus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe belt and buckle - Aluminium buckle and keeper for review. Maker?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe belt and buckle - Aluminium buckle and keeper for review. Maker? 
    Ben

?

Here's another Paul, I posted a few months back...

Luftwaffe - 1936 - Dransfeld & Co w/unit markings

Both together
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe belt and buckle - Aluminium buckle and keeper for review. Maker?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe belt and buckle - Aluminium buckle and keeper for review. Maker? 
    Ben

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast