Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe belt + buckle! Real or not?

Article about: Hello, I found this group in a local antique shop and I'm trying to configure if its the real thing or not. Any help would be appreciated!

Smile Luftwaffe belt + buckle! Real or not?

Hello,

I found this group in a local antique shop and I'm trying to configure if its the real thing or not. Any help would be appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe belt + buckle! Real or not?   Luftwaffe belt + buckle! Real or not?  

Luftwaffe belt + buckle! Real or not?   Luftwaffe belt + buckle! Real or not?  

Luftwaffe belt + buckle! Real or not?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe belt + buckle! Real or not?
    P
    Many

?

LK, At fist glance it looks like someone has sand blasted the face of the buckle.. The ears are big and the catch is semi reminiscent of Aurich.. The belt does not seem original to the buckle based on the hook as this type typically IMO were on police type buckles.. These are just my observations of course... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thank you very much for the input Gwar! My concern is if this is an original package! If the belt is for another buckle I can buy it and try to find the appropriate buckle! But I need to know if they are good!
    If both the buckle and the belt are good I can buy them sonce the price is extremely low... 45gbp are very good for these two items in my opinion!

?

I personally would wait until a more qualified member / moderator weighs in.. The comments I posted were based on some experience, but I do not collect Luftwaffe anymore.. Hopefully this pans out for you and I look forward to the results.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Me too Gwar! Thank you again for your contribution! I'll wait and for some other opinions and hopefully tomorrow when I'll visit the place again I'll know whther is ok to buy it or not!
    I found out that 1 out of the three gauges that I posted in another thread is from the war so I'll take it alongside with a button polishing tool!

?

Hello LizardKing. Have a look at Post #12 in this link to the Luftwaffe fake gallery. Note the very crude, angled cut to the prongs on your buckle and the fake in Post #12, not a good sign. Also notice the similar pattern to the 'berries' in the wreath on the front of the buckle. The belt looks like a period style belt, and if the ink stamps are good and can be read for details that would help. A 'political' style belt and not a combat belt.

Fake Luftwaffe Buckles

Additionally, here are examples of Aurich prongs and belt catch, and they are different than the example for sale.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe belt + buckle! Real or not?   Luftwaffe belt + buckle! Real or not?  

Proven that this is a fake buckle so I will pass! It was identified as the 'big berry' fake type because of the big size of the wreath's berries and especially the upper middle one! If you compare it to known original ones you'll immediately see the difference!

Gents, buckle is a fake, been altered to deceive, not a fan of the belt to be honest, post war IMO
    Ben

Dud buckle, as Weller said the prongs are the give away. Offer the guy £20 for the Bundeswehr rig!...

Hello,

the buckle is an older "big Berry" fake .

The belt is a post war with older poststamps on it.
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175