Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe buckle and belt

Article about: I have found a Luftwaffe buckle and belt that I am considering buying. The buckle is made of aluminum, the eagle looks to be the early pattern and unmarked. The belt is maker marked with Hen

Default Luftwaffe buckle and belt

I have found a Luftwaffe buckle and belt that I am considering buying. The buckle is made of aluminum, the eagle looks to be the early pattern and unmarked. The belt is maker marked with Henseler & Co ULM 1936, also with LBA (S). I would like to hear what you all think about the buckle and belt and if it is original. It looks good to me but I just want to make sure before I make a purchase. Also, why is some buckles not marked, was that common during the Third Reich? Thanks!

Luftwaffe buckle and beltLuftwaffe buckle and beltLuftwaffe buckle and beltLuftwaffe buckle and beltLuftwaffe buckle and belt
    Last edited by medic52225; 02-26-2017 at 02:49 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe buckle and belt
    P
    Many

Both buckle and belt are original, in ref to the buckle it should have a lather support tab which is missing this would have the makers stamp on it
    Ben

As Ben said the maker was on the leather tab, but however its not uncommon to find the maker stamp under the buckle prongs (and at the catch).

Is there any way to determine the maker of the buckle by the design?

?

Original buckle and an original belt. With the 1936 marking a first pattern Luftwaffe buckle would make more of a matched set. The set could have been together since the war. A maker would be hard to determine but it doesn't make much of a difference in value.