Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Buckle Help Please

Article about: I may have an opportunity to pick this up. Not in that great of shape and price accordingly; that is if real. The details look more soft than worn to me. The back also does not look correct

Default Luftwaffe Buckle Help Please

I may have an opportunity to pick this up. Not in that great of shape and price accordingly; that is if real. The details look more soft than worn to me. The back also does not look correct to me as a novice. All opinions are appreciated. Thank you for looking. Apologies, not my pics.
    John

Luftwaffe Buckle Help PleaseLuftwaffe Buckle Help Please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Buckle Help Please
    P
    Many

Bump. I am still leaning towards a reproduction as compared to some but would like confirmation please.
    John

?

John, I like the fact you can see tooling marks on the prong bar.. The catch seems familiar as so do the ears, but I personally would wait for others to chime in as to authenticity and maker.. In my younger years I would have snapped it up rather quickly.. Good luck !! G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

This is a late war Assmann with no paint left.
    Take care
    Rudi

Look at the ears, catch and eagle, late war Assmann made buckle
    Ben

Thank you for the replies. Much appreciated. I am going to pass on this one even though it is cheap enough.
    John

I would like to add my apologies for too basic of questions on this buckle and buckles I post in general. Buckles are not my collecting area but I do pick up buckles to display with guns and holsters to put together a decent themed display. A heer buckle, dagger with a heer pistol rig or a luft buckle, dagger with a luft rig, etc.. I appreciate the patience you have for my questions. I collect any and all WWII firearms but they just do not look that nice without the accessories to put them into context in my own mind and hopefully others looking at it. It is also nice to mate a a very nice pistol rig or rifle with a very nice buckle to maintain something and visa versa with well worn examples of each. I also do not ever want to display a reproduction item since there are many that know more than I and would call out my entire display if there was a reproduction item in the mix. Thanks again for your knowledge and time. Much appreciated.
    John