Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe buckle ID

Article about: I have the opportunity to buy this buckle and hope a member can tell me its authenticity and maker. I only have the attahed pic from the seller. It had been with a belt which he sold separat

Default Luftwaffe buckle ID

I have the opportunity to buy this buckle and hope a member can tell me its authenticity and maker. I only have the attahed pic from the seller. It had been with a belt which he sold separately.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe buckle ID  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe buckle ID
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe buckle ID

Joseph, I can tell you it is indeed authentic but not sure on the maker, from the ears could be a Overhoff buckle, but not sure mate but it is original
    Ben

Thanks again Ben. I went back and got a pic of the belt he had sold and am attaching it. The description of the belt was luftwaffe belt so I asked how he knew that and the answer was because he took a luftwaffe buckle off it. So I asked if it was for sale, he said I dont know but what would you pay; made and offer which the response was I dont know what it is worth but want more than that.....then he contacted me a few days later. Hopefully it happens.

Belt is also original, normally Lufte belts were brown in colour, but the belt shown is original
    Ben

I thought the same thing; he did have a brown belt up for auction too but did not say it was the one the buckle came from. Maybe original owner swapped it off the brown one. Pic attached of the brown belt. It was damaged/cut. It only sold for 12.00!

The brown belt you have just shown is more associated with the SA/parade type belts rather than combat units
    Ben

Can't add much more than what Ben has already said.....both orig. buckle and belt. Can't help with the maker either but buckle looks real nice!

Good luck!
    Rob

?

looks great, nice detail

Quote by colt45 View Post
    looks great, nice detail
    I just received the buckle and it looks excellent. The only marking I can make out is a number 40 under the hinge.

Joe, have a look for a intertwined GB near the catch, with a 40 under the roller bar the maker is more than likely Gustav Brehmer
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast