Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe buckles have I done any better on these please.

Article about: Hi some more buckles I have, your opinions would be gratefully accepted again. Third time lucky maybe ?. Cheers.

?

Default Luftwaffe buckles have I done any better on these please.

Hi
    some more buckles I have, your opinions would be gratefully accepted again. Third time lucky maybe ?.
    Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe buckles have I done any better on these please.   Luftwaffe buckles have I done any better on these please.  

Luftwaffe buckles have I done any better on these please.   Luftwaffe buckles have I done any better on these please.  

Luftwaffe buckles have I done any better on these please.   Luftwaffe buckles have I done any better on these please.  

Luftwaffe buckles have I done any better on these please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe buckles have I done any better on these please.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe buckles have I done any better on these please.

Ralph, sorry mate buckle one bad fake, buckle two JC maedicke never made a crank catch buckle and the last one pics are bad but Assmann & Sohne which is on the leather tab never put their date in the middle of the oval, so all in all mate all fake!!!!
    Ben

Just having a good look to make sure that the aluminium Lufte buckle is not an original crank catch Assmann buckle with a Maedicke tab sewn on, remember anything past 40 should be steel not aluminium, mean while have a look at this website, just shows how good fakes are getting!

BELTS

BTW I am trying to find the site where these alu 1st pattern are being sold
    Ben

I have some 1st pattern lufties I could put up for the sake of comparison (on my other computer).

Rob

?

I think the second buckle has a good chance. Here is an example I have owned for over thirty years.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe buckles have I done any better on these please.   Luftwaffe buckles have I done any better on these please.  

The top spot weld on the belt catch is quite similar. Not sure about the tab though.....

Rob

Quote by kirby View Post
    I think the second buckle has a good chance. Here is an example I have owned for over thirty years.
    Thanks Kirby, the Maedicke tab must have been sewn on at some point which I thought possible, I know they never did a crank catch buckle. The third buckle still has a chance if there were better pictures, but I know its not a Assmann buckle like it says on the tab, because they are fake tabs
    Ben

?

I think Ralph should remove the tab and he will have a nice buckle. The tab looks original and can bring decent money from someone with an original buckle from this company.

There is a buckle from this company on the Collectors Guild. The buckle is unmarked but you can see the style of eagle and the type of catch.

The reverse of the Lw/Alu from Kirby have a higher quality and better stamping. I donĀ“t like the another buckle from Ralph, the stamping of the reverse are awfully bad
    Best,
    Sascha