Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

LW buckle

Article about: Thanks for the input guys Yes, the buckle was bought on the Letohall fair yesterday. I belived it was orginal for 10 minuts ago, but you scare me a little bit now

?

Unhappy Re: LW buckle

Thanks for the input guys Yes, the buckle was bought on the Letohall fair yesterday. I belived it was orginal for 10 minuts ago, but you scare me a little bit now

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: LW buckle

Quote by klinger View Post
    as i told you i can be wrong then im not an expert but was a feeling, i like more the used things
    Hi Klinger,
    just like you I much prefer items that have been worn and have seen action.Minty stuff requires a well trained eye to catch all those little details useful to tell a nice repro from a cherry original!
    IMHO this buckle is original but I can be wrong of course....telling good from bad and mint from "refurbished" from pictures alone is pretty tough!
    Cheers
    Manny

Quote by agv44 View Post
    Thanks for the input guys Yes, the buckle was bought on the Letohall fair yesterday. I belived it was orginal for 10 minuts ago, but you scare me a little bit now
    dont hope for you its not real but for me it looks like, there are the lack of details, the like new look, the on one part used leather piece and on the other side unused part direct connected to the buckel ( i think it must look different) all wath i say ist just my mind but im not the expert here just a collector like you guys

?

If it is not real it will be returned to the seller. I have collected unused mint fieldgear for many years, but I do not now much about belt buckles. I have only bought a few to use them as “space fillers” in my collection. If this one turns out to be a fake, it will be the last buckle I ever buy on a military show. Before I give it the thumbs down I will hear the opinion from the buckle collectors in here.

Gents, absolutley cracking buckle by Bruder Schneider. Great marking , fantastic condition, I would bite the owners arm for it. Have a look at the rear, see how big the ears are, most typical of Schneider buckles, great buckle I have enclosed a couple of example from the rear to showcase the large ears, also note the differing catches
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M4_93 Steel Bruder Schnieder AG Wein 1940 Rear.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	129.1 KB 
ID:	109541   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M4_93 Steel Bruder Schnieder AG Wein 1942 Rear.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	109542  

Ben

?

Puh…. Thanks a lot for info Ben Evans. I do a little research on my own last night and found similar buckles on the internet. If you have told me this was a fake buckle, I would have started to collect buttons and Coca Cola bottles. The fakers are luckily not on this level yet.
    Well, I guessing this was not my last German buckle after all. I will be back with a new one, to show to you soon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1438.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	109559   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1455.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	109560  

Last edited by agv44; 05-31-2010 at 11:36 PM. Reason: spelling error

Nice original LW buckle Here's my mint one to compare, Cheers, Richard.

Name:	y-4105%20030.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	109982   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	y-4105%20031.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	109983  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	y-4105%20034.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	135.3 KB 
ID:	109984   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	y-4105%20033.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	145.2 KB 
ID:	109985  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	y-4105%20035.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	178.3 KB 
ID:	109986  

Quote by agv44 View Post
    Puh…. Thanks a lot for info Ben Evans. I do a little research on my own last night and found similar buckles on the internet. If you have told me this was a fake buckle, I would have started to collect buttons and Coca Cola bottles. The fakers are luckily not on this level yet.
    Well, I guessing this was not my last German buckle after all. I will be back with a new one, to show to you soon.

?

Nice mint buckle Dujalah And thanks to Canuck63 who was the first "beliver" on my luft-buckle

Quote by agv44 View Post
    Nice mint buckle Dujalah And thanks to Canuck63 who was the first "beliver" on my luft-buckle
    Well...ahem...taking a closer look at it it may as well a top-end fake....if you want to sell it I'd be glad to buy it for a few bucks!
    I'm glad you're totally comfortable with your buckle now agv44....it's a beautiful one and something to compare your next purchase to!
    Cheers
    Manny

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast