Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Max Muller Luftwaffe buckle

Article about: Hi all, my very good friend Rudi has sent me pics of this buckle to look at does not mind me sharing it with the forum. The tab is marked Max Muller who I have never heard off, it has OLT pr

Default Max Muller Luftwaffe buckle

Hi all, my very good friend Rudi has sent me pics of this buckle to look at does not mind me sharing it with the forum. The tab is marked Max Muller who I have never heard off, it has OLT prongs and a brazen catch. I do not like it and IMO it is a fake. Other opinions are welcome
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Max Muller Luftwaffe buckle   Max Muller Luftwaffe buckle  

Max Muller Luftwaffe buckle   Max Muller Luftwaffe buckle  

Max Muller Luftwaffe buckle  
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Max Muller Luftwaffe buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Max Muller Luftwaffe buckle

Hi, the rust on the back looks a bit new & the catch looks odd at the points where it joins the buckle, cheers, Richard.

There was a legitimate period leather maker called "Max Muller" from Nurnberg. But no "G" is the name. I have some Y straps by this known maker.

Cheers, Ade.

An interesting buckle but sorry to say a fake. In all my years of collecting I have never seen a "U" catch on a WW II combat buckle. Also the ears are incorrect and the tab is sewn on with the wrong color and thickness thread. The Maker mark is also highly suspect. Where did this one come from?

Bill

Quote by Buckle1 View Post
    An interesting buckle but sorry to say a fake. In all my years of collecting I have never seen a "U" catch on a WW II combat buckle. Also the ears are incorrect and the tab is sewn on with the wrong color and thickness thread. The Maker mark is also highly suspect. Where did this one come from?

Bill
    Bill it is from a very good friend of mine in Belgium, he regulary sends me pics of buckles before he buys them, initially I got quite excited when i heard the name on the tab as it was one I had never heard of as a buckle maker (new blood for the makers list) however on seeing the buckle I knew it was a fake but an interesting topic for the forum to show how good a fake can look
    Ben

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    There was a legitimate period leather maker called "Max Muller" from Nurnberg. But no "G" is the name. I have some Y straps by this known maker.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade very interesting that there is a leather maker named Max Muller, did he have a RZM code? I wonder if anyone out there has any equipment marked by this maker?
    Ben

Hi Ben, I have never looked to see if he had an RZM code.

Here is the mark on the Y Straps.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Max Muller Luftwaffe buckle  

Thanks Ade, ,that was quick
    Ben

?

From a list by John D Walter...Max G. Müller,Fabrik für Lederwaren und Heeresbedarf,Nürnberg-Ost,Forsthofstrasse,in 1941. Letter code bmd.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

"On the hoof" at the moment and hopefully, back to normality next week. Apparently - the definitive marking !?

Regards,

David

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast