Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Minty 1939 drop tail eagle buckle and tab, is it worth it?

Article about: This buckle popped up local, and the owner is under the impression that it's worth a small fortune (aren't they all?;-), rock bottom price three hundred fifty dollars US. I'm thinking that's

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    A nice buckle !! Hands down... It comes down to this... A wise man once instructed me on these matters..
    Ben Evans "At the end of the day, What is it worth to you" ?? You can decide the price in your collecting field JMO G ... Good luck my friend !! G
    Agree, I will admit I paid more than usual for mine because "I just had to have it". It's very nice. I can post pics if you want to compare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Minty 1939 drop tail eagle buckle and tab, is it worth it?
    P
    Many

Ja, post pics, I'd like to see what it looks like without flash, etc. You guys are right, I can see some wear on the eagle for sure, even with the crappy pic. Well, I'll see if he'll listen to reason... but I have my doubts. He said it's going up in value all the time (as we speak even! ;-), so his not selling it now is in his favor ;-( If he waits long enough, one day it will be worth $350... but then he'll want $700 for it ;-)

?

It is sort of like E-Bay,,, People's asking price,, But what are they paying ?? Not a lot !! G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by Larboard View Post
    Ja, post pics, I'd like to see what it looks like without flash, etc. You guys are right, I can see some wear on the eagle for sure, even with the crappy pic. Well, I'll see if he'll listen to reason... but I have my doubts. He said it's going up in value all the time (as we speak even! ;-), so his not selling it now is in his favor ;-( If he waits long enough, one day it will be worth $350... but then he'll want $700 for it ;-)
    Seller sounds like a piece of work. Pics as requested
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Minty 1939 drop tail eagle buckle and tab, is it worth it?   Minty 1939 drop tail eagle buckle and tab, is it worth it?  

Minty 1939 drop tail eagle buckle and tab, is it worth it?  

Quote by Gwar View Post
    A nice buckle !! Hands down... It comes down to this... A wise man once instructed me on these matters..
    Ben Evans "At the end of the day, What is it worth to you" ?? You can decide the price in your collecting field JMO G ... Good luck my friend !! G
    The G man is correct, in value the buckle is worth $175-225 in a private sale, if you really like the buckle then the price does not really matter. For example many years ago I paid $250 for this buckle made by Carl Baimberger, at the time I had never seen the maker and to this day its the only buckle I have seen by this maker, very worn and not in great condition at the time worth $125-150 but for me and my Heer collection I would have paid more. So in all IMO buckles are what you want or need for a collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Minty 1939 drop tail eagle buckle and tab, is it worth it?   Minty 1939 drop tail eagle buckle and tab, is it worth it?  

Minty 1939 drop tail eagle buckle and tab, is it worth it?   Minty 1939 drop tail eagle buckle and tab, is it worth it?  

Ben

?

This is a $125-175 buckle. Why waste time with the guy. There are dozens of dealers were you can get a similar buckle and not have to deal with this.

?

Quote by kirby View Post
    This is a $125-175 buckle. Why waist time with the guy. There are dozens of dealers were you can get a similar buckle and not have to deal with this.
    Agree with Kirby. If you just want to add a tabbed aluminum Luft buckle they are everywhere. Finding a Wiedmann is a different story, but this seller is not worth the trouble.

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Pics not the best but an original buckle, who is the makers mark on the tab? Cannot quite read it. And at $350 I think he is on crack!!!!!
    Hi
    Wiedmann isn't so often seen.
    But this is not a drop tail aigle.
    Overhere, it would be between €120---€180.
    Take care

Rudi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2