Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New addition - silver painted Luftwaffe

Article about: I got this one in the mail today. It's a late war Luftwaffe buckle with silver wash, which I assume was intended for parade use, but that is just speculation. I think the maker is J.C. Maedi

?

Default New addition - silver painted Luftwaffe

I got this one in the mail today. It's a late war Luftwaffe buckle with silver wash, which I assume was intended for parade use, but that is just speculation. I think the maker is J.C. Maedicke.

New addition - silver painted LuftwaffeNew addition - silver painted Luftwaffe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New addition - silver painted Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

?

I think you are correct on the maker. I was told this was a JC Maedicke. Looking at them side by side I see they aren't identical so they may not both be Maedicke.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New addition - silver painted Luftwaffe   New addition - silver painted Luftwaffe  

Last edited by kirby; 08-15-2014 at 11:11 PM.

?

Thanks for the example photo, Kirby! I've noticed that the ears are very large on some Maedicke buckles, but smaller on others. What makes me think mine is Maedicke is the unusual catch feet and the design of the eagle (especially the large bulge on the head).

Your buckle is quite nice, by the way.

It a bit strange that one, the ears do look like Maedicke as does the catch but the eagle has not got that squashed head
    Ben

In fact gents, with the silver colour and being maybe a late war produced buckle do we think the buckle could be infact Overhoff?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New addition - silver painted Luftwaffe   New addition - silver painted Luftwaffe  

Ben

Erno, any chance of a clearer picture of the eagles head?
    Ben

Just looking at other examples, a Motz and Maedicke Heer buckle, look at the ears
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New addition - silver painted Luftwaffe  
    Attached Images Attached Images New addition - silver painted Luftwaffe  New addition - silver painted Luftwaffe 
    Ben

?

Thanks for the thoughts, Ben! This is interesting! I thought for sure that it was Maedicke at first, but the eagle does look a bit different upon close inspection. I'll get some better photos later on today.

In your last post, which is the Maedicke? The lower one?

Maedicke top one, C W Mozt on the bottom
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Maedicke top one, C W Mozt on the bottom
    Thank you! That is a very close match. I wonder why their Heer buckles are so different in construction from the Luftwaffe ones.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast