Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

new drooptail and crank catch

Article about: I have my second crank catch Luftwaffe buckle. I am assuming it is early- there is pretty heavy wear with the leather intact but drying out. There are no markings on the buckle or the leathe

Default new drooptail and crank catch

new drooptail and crank catchnew drooptail and crank catch

I have my second crank catch Luftwaffe buckle. I am assuming it is early- there is pretty heavy wear with the leather intact but drying out. There are no markings on the buckle or the leather.

I probably paid too much, but crank catch Luftwaffe buckles are the ones I enjoy.

Any one know:1. Am I right this is original?
    2. The marker?
    3. the likely year? (Nash doesn't list the ears in his chart of unmarked, but I am assuming no earlier than 1935, no later than 1938. but I am not a knowledgeable person on this- other than I like the buckles!)

Patrick

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement new drooptail and crank catch
    P
    Many

Patrick, ref the buckle with the size of the ears I would say the maker could be Assmann, year of manufacture I would say 1935-36. Compare it with the new thread I have started about Luft crank catches
    Ben

Just moved it to Luft sub forum
    Ben

worn but its used.

That's a very nice early buckle ,I would not be bothered by the wear as that is a part of it's character. I would always want an item to show use rather than a "minty" piece anyday!! Leon.

Hello,

a nice worne Assmann
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Thanks for the answers. I always thought Assermann marked all their buckles.

I am kind of weird- when I find something in great shape, I love it. When I find something this early and worn, I love it too. The odds are that this buckle served during some of the hardest years of the 20th century, perhaps a flyer, or a clerk, we can't know.

I also thought most leather tabs were marked, but the, I have only a few of those to look at.

Again, thanks
    Patrick

?

I like it. Crank catch's are to find. At least for me.

Hello,

any marking on the leather tab ?
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Sad to say, no markings at all. I have two now, one steel, but the face is super bright, so either made that way (Nash says some CTD buckles were silver in 1942, or it was buffed.

I want to get another steel one, in fair condition so that when I reenact occasionally I have a nice useable original.
    Patrick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast