Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on Luftwaffe belt and buckle

Article about: Hello all, I have been offered this complete belt but wanted to know your thoughts before I go ahead. Unfortunately these are all the photos I have at the moment - I can't make out any marki

Default Opinions on Luftwaffe belt and buckle

Hello all,
    I have been offered this complete belt but wanted to know your thoughts before I go ahead. Unfortunately these are all the photos I have at the moment - I can't make out any markings on the rear of the buckle but have asked the seller to look and see if there is any.

Many thanks in advance for opinions,

Chris.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on Luftwaffe belt and buckle   Opinions on Luftwaffe belt and buckle  

Opinions on Luftwaffe belt and buckle   Opinions on Luftwaffe belt and buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on Luftwaffe belt and buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Opinions on Luftwaffe belt and buckle

looks ok to me.

Not much subtle details in the photos, but from what I can see, it looks to be okey. Better photos would be a help, though. How much are they asking for it?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for your replies gents!

I have been asked to make an offer for it, it is a private sale. I am fairly happy with the look of the belt but I am way less confident at spotting a good buckle from a bad buckle!

Chris.

I would get more pics of the buckle to be honest, could be ok but looking at the pics the prongs look brass and the tropical tab with a silver buckle or is it grey, just be sure before you buy
    Ben

Thanks for taking a look, Ben.

I have requested some additional pictures

Cheers, Chris.

?

Looking foreword to seeing more photos. This could be a rare buckle. I think Angolia shows a silver painted Luftwaffe with a white web tab in his revised edition. This tab looks like a tan color but it could just be from age.

Here are some better photos (taken by me). The buckle seems to be marked BG and 41 and has a tropical? tab which is light in colour.
    The belt looks like it is tool marked L.B.A. (S)?

Both look period TR to me but, I am a self proclaimed novice on belts and buckles

Hope you guys can shed some light,

Many thanks in advance,

Chris.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on Luftwaffe belt and buckle   Opinions on Luftwaffe belt and buckle  

Opinions on Luftwaffe belt and buckle  

Chris, belt is original but the buckle is the star, these are like hens teeth, I have seen one in a book and my friend owns another one, the maker is Gustav Brehmer and originally had silver wash on it, very nice and rare buckle my friend, good find
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Chris, belt is original but the buckle is the star, these are like hens teeth, I have seen one in a book and my friend owns another one, the maker is Gustav Brehmer and originally had silver wash on it, very nice and rare buckle my friend, good find
    Wow! I had no idea mate, I searched a few dealers websites to see if I could find a match to the makers mark but couldn't find anything. Thanks so much for taking a look (again) I'm chuffed it's turned out to be a good catch!

Chris.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast