Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Picked Up My First Luftwaffe Belt! Assmann Buckle & Gustav Vogel Belt

Article about: Thanks for the input guys. I think I will just leave it as is. I don't want to risk destroying it. It's my first one, so I want to take care of it!

RZM
    ?

Default Picked Up My First Luftwaffe Belt! Assmann Buckle & Gustav Vogel Belt

Greetings everyone!

I picked up this belt from a buddy of mine. He calls me from time to time when he finds something interesting. He got this one from the son of a vet who brought it back from France. The buckle was made by Assmann, or at least the tab was. The buckle itself is unmarked as far as I can tell. The belt was made by Gustav Vogel. Both the belt and tab are dated 1941. I can't find much information on the Vogel firm, can I assume that it is a hard to find maker? Opinions and comments welcome!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Picked Up My First Luftwaffe Belt!  Assmann Buckle & Gustav Vogel Belt   Picked Up My First Luftwaffe Belt!  Assmann Buckle & Gustav Vogel Belt  

Picked Up My First Luftwaffe Belt!  Assmann Buckle & Gustav Vogel Belt   Picked Up My First Luftwaffe Belt!  Assmann Buckle & Gustav Vogel Belt  

Picked Up My First Luftwaffe Belt!  Assmann Buckle & Gustav Vogel Belt  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Picked Up My First Luftwaffe Belt!  Assmann Buckle & Gustav Vogel Belt
    P
    Many

Nice set, both original, buckle is by Assmann
    Ben

?

Good field worn Assmann buckle with tab.Cool you have the belt, too. Nice first! I like minty items, but I equally like stuff that was worn and has a history behind it.
    Last edited by Dean; 08-06-2013 at 05:27 AM.

I know that they produced K98 ammo pouches.

(Photo is not my property)

Nordland
    Attached Images Attached Images Picked Up My First Luftwaffe Belt!  Assmann Buckle & Gustav Vogel Belt 

I really like that, just the way they should be for me, good honest combat wear. I'm not a fan of mint buckles, I like them to have been used, for me that's the true history not sitting in a stores depot with no story to tell...

Nice set....Congrats on this recent score!

Rob

RZM
    ?

Thanks for the comments guys! I agree, I love items that have that "been there" look. This belt is definitely no exception. There appears to be a name or something written on the back of the belt, but unfortunately it is unreadable . Does anyone have a Gustav Vogel belt in there collection? I would like to see other examples to compare to mine. Also, is there anything I can do to help preserve the leather so it doesn't get brittle? It's in good solid condition as it is, and I would like to keep it that way. Thanks again!

Just saw this nice Luft set I had a combo like it and even LBA marked belt. I like it timothy

Quote by RZM View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys! I agree, I love items that have that "been there" look. This belt is definitely no exception. There appears to be a name or something written on the back of the belt, but unfortunately it is unreadable . Does anyone have a Gustav Vogel belt in there collection? I would like to see other examples to compare to mine. Also, is there anything I can do to help preserve the leather so it doesn't get brittle? It's in good solid condition as it is, and I would like to keep it that way. Thanks again!
    My advice - leave it as it is.
    Do not expose it to sunlight, or large changes in termperature.
    If you use oils for lether protection, belt may become dark, or get a mold, if oil contains sugar.
    Just hold it in a ventilated area - do not keep them in any box.
    Your belt and buckle are beautiful, so let them be intact.

Nordland

?

I agree with nordland . Heat will also dry it out and crack it. You might use a leather conditioner, but nothing wax based, like kiwi shoe polish, It will crack it .ive used 'saddle soap' and 'bag balm' on a chinstrap that was pretty bad off. After applying it, it's still supple after two years! Only one application, as well. But this is up to you. Don't take my word as gospel...this is just from my experience.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast