Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Schmole Buckle.

Article about: Please find attached of a trio of Luftwaffe buckles with 2 from Schmole & Co of Menden. Apologies for the rather blurred pictures but I could not find my camera and used an i pad instead

Default Schmole Buckle.

Please find attached of a trio of Luftwaffe buckles with 2 from Schmole & Co of Menden.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Schmole photo.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	145.4 KB 
ID:	321046Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trio photo.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	321045
    Apologies for the rather blurred pictures but I could not find my camera and used an i pad instead.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Schmole Buckle.

Got any pics of the rear?
    Ben

Ben,

I will do a follow up to this thread when I find my camera, as I hope to get in more detail.
    I also have another Schmole buckle and belt where the catch is marked with the fir tree logo. It is not in the best condition (used but still nice) but I have no idea where I put it, only that it is not with the rest of my belts.

The bottom buckle in the trio is unmarked but I have no qualms re originality.

I just wanted to see the rear, they are nice original buckles, I just like the big ears by this maker
    Ben

?

Schmole has some interesting buckles. Their Luftwaffe buckles have an almost smooth feild around the eagle. I also have a couple a Heer buckles. I thought chrome plated heer was post war but I have come across several other plated Schmol heer buckles.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1122011 296.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	236.3 KB 
ID:	321155   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1122011 297.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	198.8 KB 
ID:	321156  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1122011 596.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	170.8 KB 
ID:	321157   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1122011 597.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	162.7 KB 
ID:	321158  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1122011 626.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	321159   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1122011 628.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	168.3 KB 
ID:	321160  

Great buckles. What I like with the schmolle lufty buckles is that this maker did not pebble the inside of the wreath around the eagle: the only maker to do that. There is also a fat swastika!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Rob

Many thanks to all who contributed to this thread, particularly, "Kirby" who's photo skills are much better than mine.
    I have had an original nickel plated (not chrome) Luft buckle too and I regret that I sold it.Although the buckle was a Parade buckle, this had later been overpainted in Luftwaffe blue paint that had again worn off back to the original finish.

Bochmann.