Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Steel, Painted Heer and Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckles: Worth a bid?

Article about: Hi, guys. I saw these two pieces at auction recently and was thinking about putting a bid in for them. They look pretty good to me... I like that the Heer has a lot of paint left on it and y

Default Steel, Painted Heer and Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckles: Worth a bid?

Hi, guys. I saw these two pieces at auction recently and was thinking about putting a bid in for them. They look pretty good to me... I like that the Heer has a lot of paint left on it and yet to have Luft for my little collection. What do you think? Can anyone identify the maker for the Heer? I can't make it out...

Thanks,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Steel, Painted Heer and Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckles: Worth a bid?   Steel, Painted Heer and Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckles: Worth a bid?  

Steel, Painted Heer and Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckles: Worth a bid?   Steel, Painted Heer and Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckles: Worth a bid?  

Steel, Painted Heer and Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckles: Worth a bid?   Steel, Painted Heer and Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckles: Worth a bid?  

Attached Images Attached Images Steel, Painted Heer and Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckles: Worth a bid?  Steel, Painted Heer and Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckles: Worth a bid?  Steel, Painted Heer and Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckles: Worth a bid? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Steel, Painted Heer and Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckles: Worth a bid?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Steel, Painted Heer and Aluminum Luftwaffe Buckles: Worth a bid?

Is it possible the Heer could have been re-painted black? It looks a bit green/olive underneath where the buckle shows some wear. I have yet to see a black heer buckle actually...

The Heer looks like a Noelle & Hueck but probably repainted, both buckles are original, the Lufte is a great buckle and a maker not so often seen, nice find
    Ben

Hi, Ben. Apologies, but I never thanked you for your reply to this post and feedback on the buckles In regards to the Luft buckle, is the LBA on the tab above the maker's mark original to the buckle as a manufacturing mark (not sure what it would represent) or is this someone's personal initials? It looks off center and I can't tell if it it is imprinted or carved into the letter. It's going for $100 at auction...what do you think? I'm not sure but I figure it's probably worth around $150?

Thanks again.
    Best,
    Adam

LBA is the luftwaffe's acceptance stamp - stamped into the tab once the buckle was received at the LW depot. It stands for luftwaffenbekleidungsamt (luftwaffe clothing depot). You won't find these LBA markings on Heer buckles - only Luftwaffe.
    Hope that helps!
    Cheers!
    Rob

Thanks for the info, Rob. Good to know and appreciate your usual assistance to the novice

Best,
    Adam