Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unmarked Luftwaffe Droop Tail Crank Catch.

Article about: I picked up a few things at a local gun show the other day. This was one of the items. I purchased one of these at a show a number of years ago that was de-Nazified, I regretted it and have

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Nice early buckle, the maker on the tab did not make the buckle. Very nice find IMO
    Thanks Ben!
    Yes, that is why I looked the buckle over carefully for a makers mark.
    Ralph.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    A nice crank catch!....
    Thanks Gunny!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Nice buckle there Ralph. Here's my example and only a leather maker stamp like yours.

Jeff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4855.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	897260   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4861.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	897261  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4864.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	897262  

?

The "Wings" resemble Assman and Klein & Quenzer early Luft droptails... But... Assman did make a crank catch and to my knowledge KuQ did not... By the beak and eyes there is a reverse "Nike" Swoosh if you will.
    Also, in the pebbled field around the bird their are pronounced markings ( on yours ) that are absent or non existent any more on a few examples like this .. These are just my observations... Very interesting buckle, G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

I will try to have a comparison shortly... G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crank.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	221.0 KB 
ID:	897282  

?

They are very similar though...G

Name:	Crank 2.jpg 
Size:	207.8 KB 
ID:	897283  

?

Turning into a good thread. How many companies used this type catch? Here is a similar buckle but the catch is loose and will spin in the side holes.

Name:	image-4107877314.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	897298   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1575900242.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	897297  

?

Here is a very nice example.

Name:	image-860163432.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	897299   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2329020494.jpg 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	897300  

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    The "Wings" resemble Assman and Klein & Quenzer early Luft droptails... But... Assman did make a crank catch and to my knowledge KuQ did not... By the beak and eyes there is a reverse "Nike" Swoosh if you will.
    Also, in the pebbled field around the bird their are pronounced markings ( on yours ) that are absent or non existent any more on a few examples like this .. These are just my observations... Very interesting buckle, G
    I thought Assmann also, but when I posted mine Markus and others stated maker unknown

?

Quote by kirby View Post
    Here is a very nice example.
    That looks like a very close match G

?

Quote by weller View Post
    I thought Assmann also, but when I posted mine Markus and others stated maker unknown
    Yes "Unknown" as to certainty... But based on traits of the "Ludenscheid" makers... If indeed these were manufactured in Ludenscheid..
    Sort of like Private purchase buckles in my opinion... The PPB did have their own ( In certain instances ) tell tale signs... This is just my opinion of course... We must remember.. Buckle manufacturers ( It is alleged ) traded stock back and forth depending on supply and demand and who could produce with the materials at hand... Again this is conjecture on my point.. This actually has been an interesting thread.. G

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast